Recently

19 May 2017

Inhale Liquid Perfume


For anyone unfamiliar with Lush's award-winning perfume Breath of God, you'll probably not realise how the Inhale or Exhale perfumes link up with this critically acclaimed fragrance. Due to it's popularity, and the fact that Breath of God is an intense and highly sophisticated perfume, Lush decided to recreate certain elements of the original smell and release them as separate scents. Thus the twins were born.

Inhale is one of the two halves, a rather unique floral, fruity and rather unisex perfume that stands apart from everything else that Lush currently offer. Featuring neroli, ylang-ylang, sandalwood, melon, rose, black pepper and vetivert, this is one of the most interesting perfumes I've smelt in a while.

Initially, I was able to pick out both the melon and sandalwood, which creates an interesting mix of gentle sweetness and smokiness, two smells you wouldn't think work together but do. To pad this fragrance out, you also have elements of lemon, which adds a tartness to the overall smell. 

On your skin, the spiciness of the black pepper comes forward in the mix, combined with a light burst of lemon, creating a lovely warm smell. Once the heat of your skin begins to interact with the fragrance, the floral elements of rose begin to appear and add a warmth which lingers gently on your body. The addition of neroli not only adds an uplifting sweetness, but enhances the mood of the wearer.

Inhale is a light fragrance, despite the rather large list of ingredients that have been used to create it's smell. Lush describe it as an 'outdoorsy' sort of perfume, and I'd definitely agree with this. It pertains a freshness that is best suited when worn alongside the natural smells of the countryside, working especially well when used in the warmer months. 

The addition of jojoba oil helps the skin to retain the scent, so the longevity of Inhale is rather impressive. I applied this just before I left for an all-day picnic, and could still pick out elements of the fragrance when I arrived home some nine hours later. 

On a positive note, it's wonderful to be able to enjoy a much simpler part of an intricate and rather overpowering fragrance. Although it's award winning, I find Breath of God far too potent for my liking, and I find it difficult to pick out more than 2 or 3 smells at a time. However, Inhale has allowed me to enjoy a part of this much more intricate perfume, without being too overwhelmed.

However, I wasn't overly enamoured with the overall smell that Inhale had to offer. I found it a little boring, if I'm being honest. Plus, I'm not a huge fan of melon-scented products, and this is definitely very heavy in the smell. Although I praise Lush were doing this for the fans, it's not one I'd be interested in using again.


Quantative Ingredients: Organic Cold Pressed Jojoba Oil, Perfume, Neroli Oil, Limonene, Rose Oil, Ylang Ylang Oil, Black Pepper Oil, Sandalwood Oil, Vetivert Oil, *Citral, Coumarin, Isoeugenol, Methyl Ionone, Eugenol, Geraniol, Benzyl Benzoate, Citronellol, Farnesol, Linalool.

Vegan?: Yes.

1 comment

  1. When this settles on my skin, it's exactly the same as once a year massage bar, all bubblegummy :)

    ReplyDelete


UP