Recently

13 September 2013

Jacko Bath Bomb




2013 was the first year that I was able to experience the excitement of Lush's Halloween range, as it was just after Halloween 2012 that I began to collect their stuff. Having scoured all over the internet, reading reviews on all of the past products and feeling envious that I'll most likely go without ever trying them, I was so excited when I spotted a collection of Jackos going for a bargain price on eBay. 

It's named after the American term 'Jack-o-Lantern' and is probably one of the most intriguing looking ballistics that Lush have ever released. What makes it stand out from the usual humdrum is it's slightly-sinister, slightly-endearing face and the fact that it's flat, as opposed to the regular sphere shaped bath bombs. This latter fact did bother me a little bit as I'm aware that smaller ballistics (such as the Ickle Bot) tend to fizzle out rather quickly and leave limited comfort in the tub.

My worries were somewhat suppressed when the Jacko hit the water and quickly turned my entire tub into a bright orange liquid. However, I was a little disappointed to see that the entire bath bomb had dissolved and dispersed in under a minute. While the beautiful, warming shade of orange remained with me throughout the entire experience, I was hoping for a little more 'wow-factor' when it came to it's initial performance. 

I should probably warn you that this is one of the strongest bath products I have experienced from Lush in a while - an impressive feat for what is probably the lightest and smallest one I have tried to date. With clove bud and cardamom oils to give it remnants of spice, and peppermint oil to soothe and soften skin, this is a bath bomb to be enjoyed when you're cold or overrun by a cold. The scent really helps to clear your mind and relax those weary eyes. 

What is great about this ballistic is that the three main notes of scent; cardamon, peppermint and clove, all combine together beautifully, and while they're all equally unique smells in their own right, they don't clash or overpower each other in this bath bomb. The peppermint is wonderfully refreshing - a perfect wake up call for those who have to brave those early morning starts during the winter months; the cardamon and cloves add a spicy, Autumnal aroma that is simply perfect for this time of year. Together, they give the user a comforting yet equally refreshing experience. 

I was surprised to find that this ballistic is relatively moisturising. It left my skin feeling really smooth, crisp and clean and ready to face the long day ahead of me. I also enjoyed the fact that, while I love the likes of Hot Toddy and Glogg, this bath bomb was more natural smelling - it didn't have that slightly sugary, sweetened spice smell that you often find in seasonal cosmetics.

Overall, it is far from the worst ballistic I've tried, but it's not one that I would immediately rush out to buy again. I do feel however that this scent would work really well as a shower gel, and while it's not identical, it does remind me a little of Pied De Pepper Foot Lotion. Perhaps the next Halloween will bring such things!

Quantitative Ingredients: Sodium Bicarbonate, Citric Acid, Cardamom Oil, Clove Bud Oil, Spearmint Oil, *Cinnamal, *Coumarin, *Eugenol, *Limonene, *Linalool, Perfume, Colour 15510.

Vegan?: Yes

2014 Price: £3.50 each.
2015 Price: £3.50 each.

Scent Family:



4 comments

  1. I wish they still had this, it sounds positively delightful!! :D

    P.S., I need more people to talk to about Lush, so if you ever feel like it, you are most welcome to join my Lush Cosmetics Lovers group on Facebook! :D

    www.artevolve.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the link -I'll be sure to add myself to your rather wonderful group :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is the scent in any way similar to that of Volcano foot mask?

    ReplyDelete


UP