Recently

28 November 2013

Breath of God Toothy Tabs


As I said in my Dirty Toothy Tabs review a few months back, I've been a little hesitant to try all of the flavours in Lush's toothy tab range, simply because of the bad experience I had when trying out Sparkle for the first time. Early mornings are a terrible time for anyone to be testing out their taste buds so when I saw what was in store for me with Breath of God, I was rather skeptical at first.

Lush say "Breath of God contains an echo of the same thought-provoking fragrance. There are powders of sandalwood, myrrh, benzoin, fennel and vanilla, blended together for an incredibly gentle, yet fresh delicious flavour. It won't leave your mouth overpowered by mintiness, but beautifully perfumed by this spiritual blend reminiscent of the fresh Tibetan mountains." 

What first concerned me about these tabs was the idea that my mouth would be 'perfumed' - something I can only associate with eating soap as a child. Then there was the mixture of Sandalwood and Fennel, which sounded like what munching on a pile of twigs from the forest might taste like.

What I actually found, was that these toothy tabs have a gentle vanilla taste at the forefront, with a slight echo of citrus behind and a hint of peppery flavour as an afterthought. These tabs have a creamy taste with a very slight perfumed quality, but it's not overpowering at all, and in fact, it works well.

My teeth felt really clean after the first use, and felt smooth and shiny throughout the entire day. As the days went by, my teeth began to look and feel better after every use, which I associated with the ingredients Lush used to make them. 

The addition of Dicalcium phosphate anhydrous, which is a gentle abrasive, helped to remove plaque from my teeth and left them really shiny and smooth after each use; the sodium bicarbonate and cream of tartar helped to scrub and clean my teeth, making them noticeably whiter after the first few usages. Finally, the sodium lauroyl sarcosine helped to create the foam which made it easier for the tab to circulate my mouth and remove any unwanted food between my teeth.

Overall, I was really happy with the noticeable difference these tabs made to my teeth, and I actually really enjoyed the taste. These are definitely my favourite toothy tabs so far and I'm keen to continue using them as opposed to reverting back to tooth paste.

I may not have the Breath of God, but thanks to these tabs, my oral health is definitely heading in the right direction.

Quantitative Ingredients: Dicalcium Phosphate Anhydrous, Sodium Bicarbonate, Cream of Tartar, Sorbitol, Lauroyl Sarcosine, Sandalwood Powder, Kaolin, Benzoin Gum Powder, Vanilla Powder, Myrrh Gum Powder, Fennel Seed Powder, Sodium Saccharin.

Vegan?: Yes

2015 Price: 

Scent Family:
Breath of God Liquid Perfume
Breath of God Toothy Tabs
Inhale Exhale Ballistic
Under The Umbrella Tree Bath Bomb

1 comment

  1. Although I love the new flavors, I'm am gutted to see this one go! I had hoped they would keep it as a powder like they did Atomic and Ultrablast, but nope, they're doing away with it all together :(

    ReplyDelete


UP