Recently

4 November 2017

Bling Crosby Bubble Bar



Let’s be honest: I can think of very few reason not to love Karma. It’s a classic - a smell I go back to time and time again, and fall in love with each and every time. There is something for everybody in this fragrance, and this Bubble Bar is an extension of the family that needs to be experienced by all.

To look at, Bling Crosby Bubble Bar is not exactly the most exciting of bath products, although I know that the allure of the glitter will win some hearts over straight away. Sharing its scent with all things Karma, this limited edition boasts pine, patchouli, lemongrass, orange, lavender and clove. Yet despite this impressive list of potentially clashing components, the fragrance is one of many layers. You can smell a combination of orange and patchouli to begin with - which offers a sweet, spicy note reminiscent of the swinging sixties. There is something almost intoxicating and strange exotic about the combination of these two ingredients, which makes for a strong base on which the other notes flourish. Next up the lemongrass, which intertwines itself around the orange and hides a little of juiciness that citrus fruits sometimes display. This gives the scent a dry fruity smell rather than a zesty one, and adds a gentle layer of green to the mix. Then there is the pine oil, which works with the latter ingredient to offer something a little green and almost coniferous about the smell. 

All of these elements work well together - offering a burst of smells that is richly sweet, with a spicy warmth that earns his scent family its massive following. What I love about Karma is that, while the notes work in unison with each other, you are also able to pick out each component individually as well. 

Bling Crosby offers that unique Karma smell right away, although I would say that it’s slightly more subtle than the regular Karma Bubble Bar that you can buy in stores. What I love though is that it turns your bath water a wonderful shade of orange, which is reminiscent of the original Karma Bubble Bar - a colour that I think suits this fragrance a lot more than purple does. 

The product is easy enough to crumble under the running tap, and it produces a wonderful layer of light, fluffy bubbles to submerge yourself beneath. Furthermore, the inclusion of the gold lustre means that you also experience swirls of pulsating sparkly glitter, under the surface of the water, as you’re bathing. However, I should point out that the lustre does not decorate your skin at all whilst you’re bathing, and it washes away easily afterwards. 

As with most of Lush’s Bubble bars, my skin benefitted from the softness of the water and I could feel how smooth and moisturised my skin was after exiting the bath. Moreover, I was impressed when I was able to smell a note reminiscent of Karma on my skin after I had towelled myself down, and a spray of the liquid perfume, and a generous lather of Karma Kream, and I was able to enjoy the scent for the rest of the day. 

Despite its physical lack of appeal to me, I can honestly say that I enjoyed the experience overall. While I used the whole bar in my bath, you could easily use a half or a third, and you’d still heed a fragrant bath to enjoy over the winter period. Although I much prefer the new and improved pyramid-shaped Karma Bubble Bar, this is a great (and slightly cheaper!) alternative for those who need a big dose of Karma to see them through the day/night.  

Quantitative Ingredients: Sodium Bicarbonate, Cream of Tartar, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Lauryl Betaine, Perfume, Lavendin Oil, Lemongrass Oil, Brazilian Orange Oil, Patchouli Oil, Pine Oil, Gardenia Extract, Titanium Dioxide, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Silica, *Citral, *Citronellol, *Geraniol, *Hydroxycitronellal, *Limonene, *Linalool, Colour 77492, Colour 14700, Whole Clove

Vegan?: Yes.

2017 Price: £3.95 each.

Year Of Original Release: 2006.

Scent Family:
Bling Crosby Bubble Bar
Double Fast Luck Emotibomb
Karma Ballistic
Karma Bath Melt
Karma Bubble Bar
Karma Dusting Powder
Karma Komba Solid Shampoo Bar
Karma Kream
Karma Liquid Perfume
Karma Massage Bar
Karma Revamped Bubble Bar
Karma Shower Bomb
Karma Shower Gel
Karma Shower Jelly
Karma Soap
Karma Solid Perfume
Karma Sutra Bath Bomb
Lush Bath Bomb



No comments

Post a Comment


UP