Recently

18 January 2014

Celebrate Body Lotion


"Celebrate has been a best-seller in Japan for years – and we've finally brought it to North America, just for Christmas! A rich, creamy body lotion, Celebrate deeply hydrates and softens with almond oil and cocoa butter, while its intoxicating blend of orange flower, lime, benzoin and cognac oil perfumes the skin with a champagne fragrance that lingers for hours. Indulge in this decadent cream before going out for the night or after a relaxing bath with our Golden Wonder Bath Bomb." 

Celebrate Body Lotion shares the same fragrance as the Golden Wonder and Christmas Party bath bombs - a reason in itself to do exactly what it's name suggests. For those of you unfamiliar with the different Lush scents, this is also the same smell that is present in their Snowshowers range; a royal favourite among long-time Lushies. 

The scent is a blend of orange flower, lime oil, cognac oil and benzoin; a luxurious and sophisticated fruity scent coupled with the slight zesty sourness of the lime. When I rub it into my skin, the fragrance makes me think of freshly peeled tangerines doused with just a hint of tart lime that gives, it an almost sherbert-like after-scent. It's a fresh, youthful fragrance but one that bares a maturity that'll appeal to people of all ages. 

Aside from the fragrance, it contains a perfect rostrum of ingredients to help your skin look and feel fantastic. Cocoa butter and almond oil will replenish and moisturise your skin, whilst the mixture of cognac, lime and brazilian oils will help to hydrate your face and body and leave you smelling like a God/Goddess. 
This is much thicker in consistency than most of the Lush lotions I have tried, which worried me at first as I find these sorts of products can be rather heavy and constrictive on my skin. Although it as a little greasy at first, I found that my pores absorbed it fairly quickly and left my skin feeling nourished and super soft. I think it's one of those lotions that you need to practice using to apply the right amount, as by the third and fourth times of using Celebrate, my skin didn't feel oily at all. 

Unfortunately, Lush's Celebrate Body Lotion was a limited edition cream available only for the Lush Christmas 2013 Collection. This is such as a shame as I reckon it'll be popular enough to be added to their permanent range.

I can see this body lotion being incredibly complimentary during the summer months - the fresh, citrus kick would bode amazingly well with the heat and scent of the hotter weather. Equally so, Celebrate also helps to replenish and revigorate tired skin during the colder months, making it a versatile and incredibly sexy product.
If you missed your chance to purchase a pot during the Christmas months, or just like the sound of it from this review, I strongly advise that you keep you eyes peeled on eBay. This is a wonderful lotion that leaves your skin feeling supple and uplifted - a decadent treat for weary and tired bodies.

Quantitative Ingredients: Almond Oil, Water, Cocoa Butter, Glycerine, Stearic Acid, Triethanolamine, Brazilian Orange Oil, Cognac Oil, Lime Oil, Orange Flower Absolute, Tincture of Benzoin, Cetearyl Alcohol, Linalool, *Limonene, *Citral, Perfume.

Vegan?: Yes.

2015 Price: £12.95 for 225g.
2017 Price: £12.95 for 225g.

Scent Family:
Bridal Bouquet Ballistic 
Bubbly Shower Gel
Buck's Fizz Body Conditioner
Buck's Fizz Naked Body Conditioner

7 comments

  1. I got this lotion in an order that came in today and OMG I'm so glad I ordered it! The smell is amazing and it feels great on my skin. You don't need much so I can see the pot lasting me forever. I bought this based on your review :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow - I'm so glad my review inspired you to buy a product as good as this! And im even more happy that you love it as much as I did!

      Delete
  2. I've never used a lush body lotion which is oily and luxurious. I love the scent and have the matching fragrance. It sinks into my skin and leaves a lovely sheen. Are there others you can compared it to in terms of consistency?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I had bought this when it was in the Kitchen but that was the one week I didn't check. It's a shame because I love this lotion. It's the only one I've tried that helps my severe eczema.

    ReplyDelete


UP