Recently

9 April 2015

Rose Queen Bath Bomb




I've been meaning to try Rose Queen for a long time now; so long in fact that when I finally decided to use the ballistic for the first time, I had to invest in a new one as the one I had bought looked very worse for wear. It's a shame I waited so long to test this one out as I consider it to be one of the most intriguing and interesting experiences available. 

Rose Queen is a lightly scented bath ballistic, so a great choice for anyone who dislikes Lush's more potent-smelling bath products. One of it's main ingredients is Rose Absolute, which gives it a light, refreshing scent, similar to Tisty Tosty but not as over-powering. I actually favour this one over Tisty Tosty as this ballistic possesses much more of a natural scent - I could really pick out the smell of fresh rose petals.

What makes this bath bomb even more interesting, is that it contains a handful of different petals; blue mallow, tiger lily, honeysuckle, apple blossom and amaranth flower, which burst from the ballistic as it fizzes and rests on the surface of the water for the remainder of your bath. This addition of petals gives the whole experience a much more earthy feel to it, which I thoroughly appreciated. The only negative thing I will say about these pieces of flower, is that they tend to stick to you throughout the bath, and I found I had to remove a few from my hair once I had towelled myself dry. Furthermore, a couple of the bigger pieces refused to go down the plughole and I had to collect them up at the end to put them in the bin. However, most of the stems and sprigs were washed away when the plug was pulled and it didn't leave a large mess, which is what I was expecting.  

For such a small ballistic, Rose Queen makes a big impression in the tub, turning the water a rosy pink colour that remains vibrant throughout the entire bathing experience. As the bath bomb is dropped into the water, is fizzes away rather quickly, leaving behind a delicate, feminine scent that helps you to relax.
Aside from giving this product it's scent, the addition of rose absolute is included to lift your mood, which it definitely did for me. Additionally, it's also very beneficial to the skin, helping to moisturise dry or irritated skin and leaving it feeling beautiful and radiant. This sweet, floral ingredient also left it's mark on my skin, giving me a gentle rose scent that stayed with me for a while after the bath. 

Rose Queen is a delicate, decadent product suitable for anyone who wants that extra special indulgence in the bath. It's a beautiful, unique ballistic that would compliment any of the other rose-scented bathing products that Lush offer, including the Rose Jam Bubbleroon and Sex Bomb Ballistic. The only thing that lets it down is that it was a little messy to clean up afterwards, but's a small price to pay for such a wonderful experience.

Quantitative Ingredients: Sodium Bicarbonate, Citric Acid, Perfume, Water, Rose Absolute, Cistus Oil, Labdanum Resinoid, Tiger Lily Petals, Amaranth Flowers, Apple Blossom, Honeysuckle, Blue Mallow Flowers, Citral, Citronellol, Limonene, Linalool, Benzyl Alcohol, Benzyl Salicylate, Geraniol, Lilial, Hydroxycitronellal, Colour 45410.

Vegan?: Yes.

2015 Price: £2.75 each.
2017 Price: £3.50 each.




5 comments

  1. Hi Jen,
    Have you heard of the new product that's just been released in NZ? It's called "Life's A Beach" Try and get your hands on it, it's Devine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I've ordered three tubs from Australia - I'm just hoping they won't refund me and say they've got no more left, now that they've sold out! It sounds amazing!

      Delete
  2. Im not into floral but this looks nice :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think along with phoenix rising they've brought this back temporarily? However, I really disliked rose queen as I actually found a ladybird in mine :(

    ReplyDelete



  4. great. they are so beautiful , I want them to be planted around my house
    -------------------------------------------------
    teefury , redbubble , threadless.

    ReplyDelete


UP