Recently

7 January 2018

Trident Submarine Bath Bomb




There was nothing I wanted more today than to share a bath with a lustre-sprinkled submarine bath bomb, and Lush granted my wish by presenting me with a beautiful Trident to indulge myself with, while I was in my tub. Sharing the same mould as last year's Yellow Submarine Bath Bomb, this limited edition is far-removed from the coconut-scented fragrance that its older sibling possesses, and is far more politically minded to boot  

For those who aren't in the know, Trident is the name given to Britain's nuclear weapons deterrent,  which consists of three sectors: missiles, warheads and submarines. Introduced almost thirty years ago, this system has another ten years left before it'll need to be renewed and modernised, although it will be up to the country to decide whether or not this upgrade takes place.

As to be expected, something of this calibre is met with fierce argument from both sides: with pro fans claiming that it is 'essential to Britain’s security', and the opposition claiming that 'nuclear weapons do not enhance security and are in fact detrimental to peace, not to mention its hefty price tag.' This bath bomb is one way that Lush are spreading the message regarding something that costs taxpayers billions each year to maintain; and encouraging consumers to get involved in the many campaigns that have been set up to voice the public's concerns. 

Trident Submarine Bath Bomb is a beautiful way to show your support, while also enjoying a warm, comforting bath at the same time. Containing lemon, lime and cassia oil, this summit exclusive is both fruity and slightly spicy at the same time. To my nose, I was able to detect a beautiful, powdery note of lime, with just a subtle thread of zest from the lemon underneath. The cassia oil, which is very similar in scent to cinnamon, grounded the smell with its own unique warmth that I can only describe as being sultry and delicately sweet at the same time. This aroma smells like a freshly made mug of apple and cinnamon tea, and warms your body in much the same manner.  

In the water, this bomb begins to froth and send out waves of sparkly grey foam across the surface. Within a few seconds, streams of green begin to ooze from the centre as well, which turns the water a vibrant shade of lime. After a while, a slightly more florescent shade of green begins to make an appearance, and this continues for a good 4-5 minutes before the bath bomb has completely dissolved.

What you're left with is a bright, zesty-looking bath that will refresh your senses whilst offering you a warm, fruity hug at the same time. Although the scent wasn't as potent as I was hoping it would be, the smell remained throughout the whole experience and permeated the bathroom a little afterwards. Unfortunately, it didn't remain on my skin - although this might have something to do with the many other cosmetics I used whilst bathing.

In its favour, Trident is really softening on the skin and I noticed that my hands felt really smooth and moisturised after I had towelled myself down. Furthermore, there was almost an element of radiance to my complexion that I believe came from the oils used in this bath bomb.

This is definitely a bath bomb that I would buy again, and I trust that Lush will bring this out globally in the near future. Although I would ask them to make the overall aroma a little stronger in the water, I cannot fault how it left my skin feeling afterwards. A worthy cause as well as noteworthy bath bomb.

Quantitative Ingredients:
Sodium Bicarbonate, Citric Acid, Lime Oil, Lemon Oil, Cassia Oil, Water, Titanium Dioxide, PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Tin Oxide, DRF Alcohol, Limonene, Perfume, Colour 59040, Colour 77266, Colour 77491.

Vegan?: Yes.

2018 Price: £5.00 each.

Year Of Original Release: 2018.




Coming soon!



No comments

Post a Comment


UP