Recently

15 January 2018

Free Rangers Bath Bomb




More often than not, I find myself reserving any judgement of a new concept or product until I have fully engaged with it. It is only when I have figured out its merits and downfalls that I allow myself to state my opinion. Often with certain releases - the naked shower gels and jelly bombs for example, many fans tend to dismiss them before even trying them out. When it came to this seasonal release, I couldn't help but react in a negative way. That was until I realised that my absence from the Lush community had clearly dented my knowledge of Lush's back catalogue, and that what we had here was actually something rather special.

Free Rangers Bath Bomb is an Easter release with a wonderful fragrance and a whole bunch of character to boot. Obviously an upgrade from last year's Chick 'N' Mix, this one sports a new smell; three different coloured designs to choose from; and a candy eye to snack on if you get rather peckish in the tub. No really, you can actually nibble on it - I've tried!

Why I initially moaned about this bath bomb was because I discovered that it shared its scent with the popular Comforter range. Although I am a big fan of this scent family, I had had a discussion only the day before about wanting Lush to bring out products with new aromas, and here they were producing something with a scent that has been used time and time again. 

However, in retrospect I realised that despite the many products sharing this smell, the company have never previously released a bath bomb with the same fragrance. Once I realised my mistake, I began to feel a little guilty and decided I needed to enjoy a bath with this limited edition to rekindle our friendship.

Containing both bergamot oil and blackcurrant absolute, Free Rangers is as beautiful as bath bombs come. The blackcurrant absolute produces a rich, fruity but slightly sherbety note while the bergamot adds a gentle, uplifting thread that elevates the fruitiness even further. Together they produce something very light and sweet: not a scent that's going to win any awards for complexity, but one that fans of Lush's more playful smells will no doubt enjoy.

When compared to other Comforter products, I would say that the smell of this is closest to either the liquid perfume or the original bubble bar, as I find the fragrance more uplifting and slightly powdery, rather than the wholesome, sultry smell that you find in the other formats.     

What is great about this bath bomb is that they're already divided into two generous pieces, so you can easily use this beauty across two separate baths if you so choose. If like me you're a little greedy, you can also opt to use the whole thing in one go, and lay back for some much deserved 'roost' in its beautiful waters.       

Despite its size, Free Rangers is a fairly fast fizzer, and you'll find it fully dissolved within about two minutes. The bath bomb rests on the surface while it fizzes loudly and sends out wave after wave of colour across the bath bomb. Given the colour variation that I chose, streams of orange and purple painted the water until I was left with a warm, peach-coloured bath.

While there's nothing spectacular in the ingredients list that would suggest this bath bomb would be overly moisturising, I was impressed by how soft the water felt as I bathed, and my skin did appear more moisturised when I exited the tub. Although I didn't find that the scent was strong enough to linger on my skin afterwards, it was with me throughout the whole experience, even when I used other more potent cosmetics alongside it.

Despite the vibrancy of the product, Free Rangers did not stain my bath tub or leave any glittery mess that I had to clean up afterwards. Given the weather in the UK at the moment, this bath bomb was a much welcome break from the cold and I look forward to trying out the other colour variations before they're discontinued.  

Quantitative Ingredients: Sodium Bicarbonate, Citric Acid, Bergamot Oil, Blackcurrant Absolute, Cypress Oil, Water (Aqua), Propylene Glycol, *Limonene, Perfume, Candy Eye, Colour 47005, Colour 42090, Colour 14700, Colour 45410, Colour 17200, Colour 45350, Colour 77891.

Vegan?: Yes.

2018 Price: £5.95 each.

Year Of Original Release: 2018.





coming soon!




No comments

Post a Comment


UP