Recently

23 February 2018

Mother Of Pearl Bubbleroon




There are times when being oblivious to Lush releases can reap the most amazing of benefits. Six months ago, I would have known about every product rumoured to be coming out; their scents and ingredients; and would probably have been able to get hold of the entire collection before most people had even realised they were coming out in the first place. Fast forward to the present day and I'm still trying to update my blog with Christmas reviews I have failed to keep on top of.

While my priorities might have changed, I am still very much interested in trying and reviewing every Lush product that ever gets released. However, this time around I have the surprise of not knowing what things smell like, and even some of their names, until they arrive at my front door. Not being able to read up on these new products before I have them in my hands has allowed for a certain level of excitement again, and some of the results have been spectacular.

Mother Of Pearl was the very first limited edition bubbleroon that I extracted from my bag of seasonal goodies, the day I arrived back from my trip abroad. Not knowing anything about it, I merely took the shots I needed for my blog and then began crumbling it under the running water. Bam! The fragrance hit me like a wave of sunshine on a rainy day: it was Rub Rub Rub!

Ever since the release of Mother Superior Bubble Bar, I had been forever hoping that Lush would bring out another bubble bar with the same scent. While I rarely use the classic body scrub, and I'm certainly not enamoured with Sakura Bath Bomb, I cannot deny that this scent is simply exquisite, and perhaps suits this format more than anything else I have tried with the same smell.

Containing jasmine, mimosa and orange flower absolute, light and very refreshing floral fragrance is exquisitely delicate, yet rich and slightly fruity as well. Imagine standing beneath a cherry blossom tree on a cool spring morning and this might give you some indication of how it smells - a very powerful and rather unique take on the floral genre, but one with such character and longevity. 

It's delicate and dainty - the orange flower offering a slightly sweet, slightly citrusy floral aroma, while the mimosa absolute brings a sweetness and a warmth that makes this fragrance so comforting. The jasmine absolute adds rich floral notes alongside these two ingredients but it's not in any way heady or dominating like it can be.

When held under the running water, this bubbleroon crumbled with ease and immediately began to produce a layer of bubbles across the surface. While Mother Of Pearl didn't produce as many bubbles as regular bubble bar would, it was far more moisturising, and my skin felt like it benefitted from being in the tub almost immediately.

The water turns a shade of pastel blue straight away and this stays prominent throughout the whole bath, including the scent - which wrapped itself around my body and cocooned for the full hour I was in the tub. Afterwards, I could feel how nourished and how silky-smooth my skin felt, and I went to bed smelling this wonder scent on my skin and hair all night. 

Using half will still heed an impressive amount of fragrance and moisture, so don't feel anxious if you decide to use only half at a time. In fact, coupling this with a Sakura Bath Bomb would probably be absolute bliss in the bath tub and I regret not buying more of these to see me through to the summer. 

This bubbleroon offers you everything you could possibly want in a bath product: it's highly replenishing for the skin and you don't need to moisturise afterwards; it produces a lovely, calming colour in the bath; and it smells divine and keeps up this robust scent for hours after your bath. Would I buy this again? I'd be silly not to.       

Quantitative Ingredients: Sodium Bicarbonate, Cream of Tartar, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Fair Trade Organic Cocoa Butter, Murumuru Butter, Lauryl Betaine, Perfume, Laureth 4, Cornflour, Fair Trade Shea Butter, Jasmine Absolute, Mimosa Absolute, Orange Flower Absolute, Titanium Dioxide, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, *Citral, *Limonene, Colour 42090, Colour 42090:2, Colour 45410:2.

Vegan?: Yes.

2018 Price: £4.75 each.

Year Of Original Release: 2018.

Scent Family:
17 Cherry Tree Lane Soap
Mother Of Pearl Bubbleroon
Mother Superior Bubble bar
Rub Rub Rub Naked Shower Scrub
Rub Rub Rub Salt Scrub
Rub Rub Rub Solid Scrub
Sakura Bath Bomb
Sakura Perfume

Seanik Solid Shampoo



No comments

Post a Comment


UP