Recently

26 March 2019

Carrot Shower Oil




Over the last few years, Lush have been one of the biggest advocates for carrot oil I have ever seen. More and more products are sneaking into the range, already geared up with a generous helping of this powerhouse of an ingredient, and the seasonal ranges are definitely no exception. 

Making its debut this year, Lush Carrot Shower Oil is a brand new addition to the Easter range, and one that seemingly sports an exciting new fragrance to boot. Featuring sandalwood, grapefruit and geranium, it is the grapefruit that makes the biggest impression to my nose. Bright and fruity, the smell of this is very much like the Carrot scent family. However, there is also something rather sherbety about it that makes it a little different to my nose; and there is also something slightly woody underneath prevents the fragrance from being as sour as the Carrot scent usually is. This is definitely not a direct replica and should be treated as a unique fragrance altogether. 

Much like every other shower oil, the best way of using this is to ensure your skin in damp and then gently massage the block across the skin. The warmth will melt the bar and coat your skin with a thin layer of butter and oils, which can then be massaged with your fingers to spread them across a bigger surface area. I would avoid putting too much pressure on these bars as you will waste a lot of the product in doing so. Avoiding direct contact with the running water will also ensure that this bar shrinks at a far slower pace - which means you can stretch out their lifespan far longer.


Unlike a body butter or a body conditioner, the residue you get from all of Lush's shower oils are far more gentle on the skin, making them perfect for those who dislike the heaviness that you can sometimes get from using either of the above formats. Yet despite this, the shower oils are equally as effective at moisturising the skin, and perhaps work out better value for money.

What I found with Carrot Shower Oil was that while the product was super hydrating and moisturising on my skin, the consistency of this was a little different to most of the previous shower oils I have tried. 

Firstly, this limited edition seemed to melt far quicker than previous editions: I found that even after a single use, I was able to notice a big change in the size of the product. For this reason, I felt a little hesitant to use it regularly, as you probably only get an average of five to seven full body uses out of it before its too small to apply. 

Even when I applied Carrot Shower Oil outside of the running water, the slight softness of the solid block still bled far more onto my skin than previous renditions have done. For this reason, I found it was more conducive to massage it between my hands and then apply it that way. This not only replenished the skin on my hands, leaving me with no need for a hand cream, but I was then able to extend the life of the shower oil for a few more uses.

Much like a body conditioner, this shower oil left a delicate fragrance on the body, and left my skin feeling super replenished after patting myself dry. I didn't need to use a body lotion at all after my shower and the effects of the butters and oils featured in this product left me with lovely looking skin.

When compared to some of the other more superior shower oils, this one isn't as long-lasting or as enjoyable. However, the fragrance is super cheerful, and a wonderful shower accompaniment for anyone wanting to add some much-needed moisture to their skin.  

Quantitative Ingredients: Fair Trade Organic Cocoa Butter, Fresh Carrot Extracted in Sunflower Oil, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Fair Trade Shea Butter, Sunflower Wax, Cold Pressed Carrot Seed Oil, Organic Almond Butter, Perfume, Fresh Orange Juice, Sandalwood Oil, Grapefruit Oil, Geranium Oil, Paprika Oleoresin, Titanium Dioxide, Benzyl Salicylate, *Citronellol, Geraniol, *Limonene, *Linalool.

Vegan?: Yes.

2019 Price: £4.95 each.

Year Of Original Release: 2019.




No comments

Post a Comment


UP