Recently

3 February 2013

Creamy Candy Body Lotion

           

I have to admit that nothing excites me more than finding a rare Lush product online, and I won't deny that I find it near on impossible to walk away from such an opportunity. So when I saw an unused pot of Creamy Candy Body Lotion on eBay, I just had to have it.

First impressions weren't all that great as the smell that greeted me on opening the lid, was rather unpleasant. The expiry date on the side stated that it should have been used back in mid-2011. However, I was assured by the seller that it was still the same consistency and smell as it had been when they first purchased it from a store.

The scent in the pot is just like the Lush Creamy Candy Bubble Bar that it is based on, although there is a slight acidic after-scent that I'm convinced might be due to it's age. However, once the lotion has been massaged into your skin, the gorgeous sugary-sweet candy fragrance shines through.

Application is easy and although the product has a pink hue to it, it does not make your skin pink in the process. The scent is quite strong and lasted for a good few hours on my skin, releasing bursts of fragrance throughout the day, which was great.

The moisturiser itself is very light and once it's on your skin, it doesn't feel heavy or sticky at all. In fact, I was pleasantly surprised by how great my skin felt instantly after I had used it. While I was expecting to see a layer of residue on the surface of my body, I was delighted to find that it was absorbed really quickly. 

This is probably one of my favourite body lotions that Lush have released so far; it's just a shame that it's not a regular part of their line. I hope they re-release it in the near future so I can stock up before this lowly tub runs out on me.

Quantitative Ingredients: Vanilla Pod infusion (vanilla planifolia), Water (aqua), Almond Oil (prunus dulcis), Cocoa Butter (Theobroma cacao), Glycerine, Stearic Acid, Triethanolamine, Vanilla Absolute (Vanilla planifolia), Cetearyl Alcohol, Colour 17200, Perfume, Methylparaben, Propylparaben.  

Vegan?: Yes.

5 comments

  1. Kitchen really need to release this. There isn't enough love for Creamy Candy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, i know right wished they would release in stores soon

      Delete
  2. I’m Korean-american girl and i got into lush 2019 ,so im kind of a new Lushie, but this scent is my favorite from lush, i’m trying to find dupes out there but i bought like 4 off of mercari and i only have 2 left, i used it like crazy i wish lush would release it to stores one-day.Thank you for posting this

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. creamy candy bubble bar or the current rock star rabbit soap both have the same smell as this!

      Delete
  3. By the way i give this 6 bottles of snow fairy lol

    ReplyDelete


UP