Recently

2 June 2014

Snowcake Shower Gel


Lush are famous for the unique smells and blends that they offer consumers. In fact, it was this abundance of unique scents and products that initially drew me into the addictive world of bath ballistics, massage bars and shower jellies. Snowcake Soap was one of the first products I ever tried from Lush, so when I discovered that they had released a limited edition shower gel addition of this much loved Christmas product, I knew I just had to track down a bottle to try. 

Snowcake Shower Gel is described as 'lusciously creamy and soft as snowflakes; an almond milk, skin soothing, special edition marzipan scented gel.' It really is the epitome of luxury. Unlike the soap, this edition is definitely much stronger in scent than it's older brother. Upon opening the bottle, you're immediately greeted with the creamy element of almonds, mixed in with the spicy, nuttiness of marzipan. Initially, you get the spiciness of the Cassie coming through, with hints of the balsamic essence from the Benzoin. However, once the warmth hits the shower gel, you begin to get the creamy vanilla and coconut infusions, that linger on your skin and make this a beautiful experience. It's a warm, wintery smell that you'll want to live again and again. 

Unlike the soap, the shower gel itself is a creamy colour, more beige than white. It comes out of the bottle very easily, so I would warn users not to squeeze the bottle too much when using. It's thickish in consistency and definitely an oily shower gel; it's very similar to the likes of Snow Fairy and Fruity Beauty. It lathers up very well and you can instantly feel how soft your skin is after application; the shower gel has a very silky feel to it when it's being used, and this feeling continues to stay on the skin after you've dried yourself off.

After my shower, I was left with beautifully scented skin. Despite being almost four years out of date, my old bottle of Snowcake Shower Gel possessed a strong, lingering smell that remained on my skin throughout the entire day. I could smell the mixture of almonds and marzipan on my skin all day, which is a lovely, comforting fragrance. Furthermore, my skin felt really moisturised and smooth after using this product, and it helped to soften my hands and feet and rid me of the dry patches of skin caused by the miserable weather. 
My new bottles are very much the same - they have a wonderfully strong and rather creamy aroma that'll warm up those cold body parts this winter. To conclude; I would definitely recommend this shower gel. It has a unique scent unlike anything I've ever experienced before, and it's by far one of Lush's best shower gels. I really hope that Lush bring this back for Christmas this year as I am sad my bottle is nearly gone; it's definitely a product I would buy again. 

Quantatitive Ingredients: Almond Infusion, Water (Aqua), Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Sodium Cocoamphoacetate, Lauryl Betaine, Propylene Glycol, Perfume, Benzoin Resinoid, Rose Absolute, Cassie Absolute, Lactic Acid, Titanium Dioxide, Benzyl Benzoate, Benzyl Cinnamate, Perfume, Methylparaben, Propylparaben.

Vegan?: Yes. 

2014 Price: £10.25 for 250g.
2015 Price: £10.25 for 250g.
2016 Price: £11.00 for 250g.

Scent Family:


2 comments

  1. I love using snowcake

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really didn't like this when I bought it. I thought it smelt like wetwipes. When I ran low I stopped using it for months. Then I took it into the shower with Dirty just to use them up and I got sad because Snowcake smelt so creamy D:

    ReplyDelete


UP