Recently

17 October 2018

Perle De Sel Bath bomb




It's been such a long time since I've enjoyed a proper soak in the bath, that it wouldn't have taken much for me to be impressed with the bath bomb I chose to enjoy in the water. It is this very reason that I opted for the least colourful-looking Christmas bath bomb - figuring that I would less spoilt at the time, and more likely to appreciate the limited edition for what it was. As it turned out, Perle De Sel was impressive enough from the get-go, and one that I will definitely be buying a few more of before they disappear from the shelves.

Sharing its scent with the Snowcake range, this wintery bath bomb contains a popular blend of rose absolute and benzoin resinoid - a creamy collaboration of notes that create the smell of rich and slightly spicy marzipan, with a dusting of sweet floral tones.

The nuttiness of the almonds is what gives this bath bomb its warmth, yet the cassie absolute and benzoin resinoid add a sweet, almost balsamic note to the fragrance as well. Together, they create a fragrance so sultry and so rich that you just might attempt the bath bomb before it's had a chance to shine in the water. Ultimately, it's easily one of Lush's most comforting wintery smells, and definitely earns a place as one of my favourite Christmas fragrances. 

While seemingly plain with its pale outer shell, the inclusion of the gold-coated African salt pearls adds a beautiful touch to the surface of the design, and adds a little sparkle to the water as they dissolve as well. The inclusion of the salt pearls also helps to soften the water even more than a regular bath bomb, and enriches your experience with some natural minerals to detoxify the pores as well.

In the water, the bath bomb is a fairly fast fizzer: unleashing an immediate wave of white and blue colour across the surface of the tub. In turn, the green and blue colours in the middle create a wonderfully bright and vivid shade of turquoise, while the inclusion of the glitter create volumptious pulsations of lustre underneath the surface. While you will find your skin painted with silver sparkles, whilst you're in the bath, I can honestly say that I didn't notice any of this glitter on my skin after towelling myself down.

What was impressive about Perle De Sel is that the fragrance stayed as potent as it was before I added it to the water, and the scent lingered on my skin for a while after exiting the bath. Using this before bed, I found that my body didn't need to be moisturised afterwards, and the skin in particular on my hands and arms felt incredibly soft and smooth. 

Fans of this fragrance family will definitely appreciate the efforts that Lush have gone to with this bath bomb. It replicates the Snowcake scent perfectly, and is just as sultry sweet as the bath bomb, whilst also offering something a little different and powdery because of the format itself. This is definitely one that should show itself again next year, and may well well prove to be one of the most popular of the season.

Afterwards, I found that the bath tub needed a little rinsing out to help the lustre exit down the plughole, but there wasn't any rigid smears of colour or mess that I needed to concern myself with, which was a welcome relief. Having to scrub your tub after a relaxing bath doesn't exactly inspire a great deal of excitement. 

I'll be honest and say that the only downside to this bath bomb was the price tag itself. £4.95 is rather on the high end of my budget when it comes to single use products, and it is this reason that will stop me from being able to buy more than another one or two before the season is out. My only assumption is that the inclusion of the African salt pearls adds a little to the total amount, so I do appreciate that these are what makes the bath bomb extra moisturising and good for the skin. The fact that it's limited edition may also have added a little extra onto the cost.

Having said that, this is a great bath bomb to enjoy over the colder months of the year, and I hope that most Lush fans will get to enjoy at least one of these before they disappear. This is a really great new addition to the large array Christmas bath bombs that Lush have produced over the years.     

Quantitative Ingredients: Sodium Bicarbonate, Citric Acid, Coarse Sea Salt, African Salt Pearls, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Titanium Dioxide, Perfume, Cassie Absolute, Rose Absolute, Benzoin Resinoid, Cream of Tartar, Water (Aqua), Sodium Coco Sulfate, Cocamidopropyl, Betaine, Tin Oxide, Colour 77491, Colour 42090, Colour 42053, Colour 59040, Colour 47005:1.

Vegan?: Yes.

2018 Price: £4.95 each.

Year Of Original Release: 2018.


Scent Family:






coming soon!


No comments

Post a Comment


UP