Recently

11 May 2017

Lemon Flutter Body Lotion



When I moved into my first flat in London, one of the people I resided with for a number of years was obsessed with lemon sherbets. Near on every day I would find him munching on the sweets at any given moment, and I would often discover handfuls of them down the back of the sofa, and in some of the oddest places around the house. While my sweet tooth led me to try a few myself, I would always regret that decision when the roof of my mouth became sore and my tongue began to bleed.

Fast forward a good number of years and a tub of Lemony Flutter Body Lotion is posted through my door. After the recent release of the body conditioner, which turned out to be stunning, I was excited to see if this variation was as refreshing and as delicious as its counterpart. As it turned out, it was equally as amazing...

When it comes to dessert, lemon has always been my number one choice: lemon fridge cake, lemon drizzle, lemon meringue pie. To me, this body lotion is the epitome of a rich, creamy lemon mousse or yoghurt - a bright, zesty creation that mimics the scent of the lemon and lime Starburst sweets that you can buy in shops, albeit richer. 

There is something slightly 'foody' about this lotion that may be initially off-putting to those who dislike smelling like something they might want to eat. Furthermore, the fruity, citrusy element is then elevated once the lotion has begun dissolving into the skin - giving off a smell not unlike a slice of lemon torte or a spoonful of buttercream frosting. 

What I loved about this lotion, aside from the fragrance, was that it is rather thin in consistency. Normally, I would be rather hesitant to use a lotion so light, as I tend to find that these types don't normally offer a very wholesome experience for the skin. However, I was really surprised to discover that Lemony Flutter Body Lotion was the complete inverse.

Containing only cocoa butter and almond oil as a base, I wasn't expecting this to be as highly nourishing or as effective as it turned out to be. Given how thin it was, I assumed that I would need to use quite a generous amount to achieve the desired effect. However, I discovered that it was very easy to manipulate and massage across the skin, and I had only to skim the surface of the lotion to collect enough for a good part of my body.


Once on the body, it doesn't take very long for the product to begin absorbing into the skin - leaving it feeling more plump and looking almost instantly radiant. Impressively, after a single use, I found that the dry patches I had on my hands and arms near on vanished, which was a welcome bonus. While the lotion doesn't leave you feeling sticky or greasy, it does take a good fifteen to twenty minutes to fully absorb, so you may wish to give yourself enough to time to let that happen before trying to put any clothes back on.

What was equally impressive was the fact that the beautiful smell stayed with me for a good couple of hours after application, and due to some residue getting on my clothes as well, I was able to detect notes of lemon when I put my cardigan back on at the end of the day. 

The only negative point that I would say about this body lotion is that the results do not tend to last that far past a day. Although I noticed that the dry areas across my arms were fading, they were not disappearing as quickly as they would normally do with some of Lush's other body lotions.

Having said that, this is definitely a body lotion that I will be using for the foreseeable future.The bright, uplifting lemony tones will make this the perfect company in this warmer summer months, and there is nothing sexier than knowing that you smell like a lemon cupcake.  

Quantitative Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Almond Oil, Fair Trade Organic Cocoa Butter, Glycerine, Stearic Acid, Triethanolamine, Sicilian Lemon Oil, Lavender Oil, Tagetes Oil, Chamomile Blue Oil, Cetearyl Alcohol, *Linalool, *Geraniol, *Limonene, *Citral, Perfume, Methylparaben, Propylparaben.

Vegan?: Yes.

2017 Price: £16.95 for 225g.

Year Of Original Release: 2011.

Scent Family:
Lemony Flutter Body Conditioner
Lemony Flutter Body Lotion
Lemony Flutter Cuticle Butter (non vegan)


    

No comments

Post a Comment


UP