Recently

6 May 2017

Flopsy Face Wash Jelly



'Jen, why are you smothering your face in a rabbit-shaped jelly mask and pretending to be Thumper from Bambi?' An odd question perhaps, but one that gives you a little insight into what I was doing the other evening, when I thought no one was around to witness such an odd scenario being played out with my thirty-one year old self.

Needless to say, the face wash jellies seem to be something that Lush are steering towards as a possible regular feature within their range. I say this because not only were we gifted with Papa Noel last Christmas, but the Lush Summit event a few months back also heeded a further five possible jelly-based products that are potentially making an appearance at some point in the near future, all of which were aimed solely for the complexion.

Flopsy Face Wash Jelly is the second official release of its kind, and while it seems to have gone largely undetected on social media - in favour of the more colourful bath bombs, I for one believe it is a step up from Papa Noel in many ways. Never would I have imagined that one day I would be relying on a rabbit-shaped piece of jelly to brighten my complexion, but the world works in mysterious ways.

Firstly, I happen to think that it is incredible value for money. Each mask would easily heed over a hundred washes, and this is only a lose estimate based on how little mine has shrunk compared to how many times I have used it so far. I have complete faith that a single tub would last me well over a year, and this is with constant, daily use.


Linked to the above point, Flopsy is also incredibly generous with its softening abilities, yet it seems rather reserved when it comes to generating lather. Normally I would slate a product that was stubborn when in use. However, I found that this facial jelly didn't need to coat my face in a thick layer of soap because, after rinsing away the minuscule amount of 'foam' it did create, I discovered that my face felt both silky-soft and smooth. My complexion also looked far more radiant than it had done so beforehand, without leaving it looking particularly greasy or feeling at all oily.

While it is a little fiddly to handle, and the design is a novelty that doesn't last much longer than the initial couple of uses, the principle behind the product is sound. To use, I would recommend that you ensure your face is damp, and if possible, exposed to the heat of a warm shower to open the pores beforehand. You can then either massage a piece (or the whole thing!) across your face a couple of times, and then use your fingers to massage the light coating of suds across your complexion.For great results, I found that leaving Flopsy on for a few minutes just allowed the oils to soften and smoothen out my skin a little more, before I held my face under the running shower and rinsed away the product.


What I found was that my face felt immediately clean, cleansed and radiant. My skin felt smooth to the touch, without feeling greasy, and I didn't need to apply any moisturiser or toner on afterwards because the product left my complexion incredibly soft.as well. Furthermore, the fragrance lingered around long enough to make me feel really uplifted and happy, which should be deemed as a miracle first thing in the morning. 


Smell wise, this seasonal special contains lemon, bergamot and buchu oil, and shares its scent with both the Snowman FUN and Snowman Shower Jelly. The former two ingredients give this jelly a bright, spritzy fruity smell, which as I've mentioned in other reviews, creates a scent much like the outer layer of a Solero ice-cream, with an added note of tartness that makes this almost sour.

Although this is an Easter release, I feel as if this product would compliment the summer months really well. The light, fruity scent would give that refreshing, invigorated feeling in the morning, while the warmth would elevate the fragrance and help to coax you out of your morning slumber.


I can genuinely imagine using this as part of my regular routine, and have been doing so since its release a number of weeks back. If this is a sign of things to come from Lush, I am excited to see what the future has in store. 


Quantitative Ingredients: Fresh Carrot Infusion, Glycerine, Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate Propylene, Glycol, Carrageenan Extract, Sodium Cocoamphoacetate, Perfume, Kaolin, Almond Oil, Titanium Dioxide, Gardenia Extract, Lemon Oil, Bergamot Oil, Buchu Oil, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, *Limonene.


Vegan?: Yes.


2017 Price: £7.95 for 200g.


Year Of Original Release: 2017.




No comments

Post a Comment


UP