Recently

5 March 2018

Love Boat Bath Bomb




As I’ve said in previous reviews, my mother is unlucky in the fact that her skin doesn’t allow her to use most cosmetics at all - especially taking baths with any of Lush’s wonderful bath bombs and bubble bars. For this reason, I feel slightly disappointed when the company bring out their yearly collection for Mother’s Day and I can only talk about the products with my mum, as opposed to her experiencing them for herself.

Last year Lush brought Mum Bath Bomb for the first time, which was a beautiful bomb to look at but one that didn’t leave much of an impression in the water. Offering a sweet, fruity scent that reminded me very much of the Refresher candies you can get in the UK, the bath bomb offered powdery notes of both orange and lemon that lingered playfully on the senses but next to disappeared when placed in the water. 

This year’s Love Boat Bath Bomb is the new improved version - sharing the same scent as last year’s aforementioned release, as well Rose Lollypop Lip Balm. Not only does it look far more appealing and works better in the tub, but the scent is definitely a little more defined in this format. 

As I said above, the smell of this is a powdery, sherbet-like aroma - one that wouldn’t win any awards for its complexity, but one that is both light and youthful enough that it will brighten up your day, especially if you use this first thing in the morning.

This year’s design means that it is also more appealing whilst its dissolving - floating on the surface and sending out frothy waves of both blue and pink foam. Unfortunately, I found that both of the ones I tried seemed to be rather bottom-heavy, so the bath bomb ended up capsizing after a few minutes and spoiled the experience a little. The type of water in your area and how hot you like your baths will affect how your products work, so I might have just been unlucky in that sense.

Disappointingly, the scent of Love Boat did disperse quite a bit while I was in the tub. While it appeared stronger to begin with, I think the nature of this type of smell  means that it’s not one that will ever make a huge impression in the water. For this reason, the scent didn’t linger on my skin afterwards at all, and every product I used in the bath overpowered what little aroma that I was still able to detect throughout.

Again, the bath water left little to be desired: offering a very weak peachy colour that changed as soon as I can began using my other products. Having said that, I did really appreciate the layer of golden lustre that pulsated under the surface during the whole bath - it meant that the water had a pretty glisten throughout, without coating your skin with glitter afterwards.

Despite the above points, Love Boat proved to be a very moisturising bath bomb. The water appeared to take on thicker qualities once it had dissolved and I found that my skin felt really velvety-soft and nourished afterwards. In addition, the citrusy oils appeared to help elevate my mood whilst I was bathing (even though I wasn’t really able to smell anything) and I felt so much more relaxed after my experience.

Overall, he design is beautiful to look at and I’m really glad that Lush chose to bring this out for the consumer to enjoy. Design and smell-wise, this Bath Bomb ticks all of the boxes. The company just need to work on making the water a little more interesting and the fragrance a little stronger.

Quantitative Ingredients: Sodium Bicarbonate, Citric Acid, Sicilian Lemon Oil, Organic Sweet Orange Oil, Rose Oil, Cream of Tartar, Water (Aqua), Titanium Dioxide, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Dipropylene Glycol, Propylene Glycol, Lauryl Betaine, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Tin Oxide, Hydroxy propyl methyl cellulose, Sodium carboxymethyl cellulose, *Limonene, *Linalool, Perfume, Colour 16255, Colour 45410, Colour 42090, Colour 42090:2, Colour 45350, Colour 19140:1, Colour 15850:1, Colour 45410:1, Colour 77491, Colour 47005:1.

Vegan?: Yes.

2018 Price: £4.25 each.

Year Of Original Release: 2018.

Scent Family: 
Love Boat Bath Bomb
Mum Bath Bomb
Rose Lollypop Lip Balm 



coming soon!


No comments

Post a Comment


UP