Recently

7 March 2018

Mum, Look What I Made For You Bath Bomb




Long gone are the days where my mum would expect me to present her with obscure paintings or homemade Easter hats whenever I go to visit her. In fact, I think she’d be really worried if I came home for a short stay and offered her any of the strange but creative ‘rubbish’ I used to make my parents when I was a lot younger. I’m not saying she wouldn’t be thankful - it would just be a little weird.

Yet Mum, Look What I Made You Bath Bomb celebrates the loving gifts that most of us litter our parents’ with when we’re still in school. As someone who considers herself to be rather creative, I can only imagine the amount of space that I must have taken up in their cupboards over the years. The artefacts may have long since been thrown away, but the memories are very much intact.

Containing coconut milk powder and coconut blossom nectar, I was already envisaging how incredibly creamy this bath bomb was going to be before it arrived. And I was right. This beautifully-rich limited edition is like a dessert for your bath tub and a royal treat for your skin to boot.

Yet, I wouldn't describe the scent of this to be at all coconut like, nor at all chocolately as the inclusion of the chocolate extract might suggest. Strangely, I would describe the smell of this to be a combination of cherry and almond oil, which has led me to believe that this shares its scent with the new Cherryish Body Scrub. 

There is something quite powdery but equally sweet and slightly fruity about this bath bomb, which hints at the cherry component. A nuttiness then folds itself around the sweeter notes and makes this bath bomb smell absolutely divine. In fact, I would say that this fragrance suits the bath bomb format more - only because the powdery element makes it appear more delicate and creamy overall.

What makes Mum, Look What I Made Bath Bomb so special is that it's a slow fizzer, so you can climb into the tub while its working its magic and watch the show from a front row seat. As thick yellow and pink foam ebbs away from the bath bomb, MLWIM reveals a vibrant blue centre that only serves to add more colour to your experience. 

Having said that, once the bath bomb has fully dissolved, you are left with a very pale orange-coloured water, which wasn't something worth writing home about. Furthermore, this definitely wasn't the most moisturising of bath bombs for my skin, despite the inclusion of many ingredients that would suggest otherwise.

While the scent did linger in the bath for most of the experience, I wouldn't say that it was particularly strong, and sometimes I needed to leave the bathroom and return to pick up the scent again. For this reason, I didn't notice much on my skin afterwards, although my body did feel rather soft and well-pampered.

This is definitely not the most impressive of bath bombs from this year's Mother's Day range, although it's definitely not at all bad. Given how many products from this range can sometimes be too heavily floral dictated, I appreciated the fact that Lush have brought out a brand new bath bomb, with a brand new scent to boot. While my mother may not have received any artwork from me this year, at least she'll be able to enjoy the artistic shots that Mum, Look What I Made offered me in the bathtub.   

Quantitative Ingredients: Sodium Bicarbonate, Citric Acid, Coconut Milk Powder, Cocoa Absolute, Almond essential oil, Cream of Tartar, Water (Aqua), Coconut Blossom Nectar, Chocolate Extract, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Dipropylene Glycol, Lauryl Betaine, Propylene Glycol, Benzyl Benzoate, Cinnamyl Alcohol, Coumarin, Hexyl Cinnamal, Perfume, Colour 47005, Colour 14700, Colour 45410, Colour 42090, Colour 17200.

Vegan?: Yes.

2018 Price: £3.95 each.

Year Of Original Release: 2018.

Scent Family:
Cherryish Body Scrub
Mum, Look What I Made For You Bath Bomb



coming soon!


No comments

Post a Comment


UP