Recently

10 March 2018

Purple Drain Bubbleroon




For a large percentage of established Lush fans, the announcement of this bubbleroon probably sent them into a bit of a frenzy to begin with. Knowing how popular Plum Rain Shower Gel is, many people no doubt assumed, as I did, that this limited edition would share the same scent. How disappointed was I then when I discovered that the two products were nothing alike - a sombre feeling which didn't last very long after I actually used the product in the bath.  

Inspired by Purple Rain by Prince, this gorgeous bubbleroon is one of three limited edition varieties for this year's Mother's Day range. Unfortunately, neither one of my three bubbleroons arrived with the marbled cream on top. However, to see what they look like is to marvel pure beauty in a bubble bar format.

Featuring peppermint, black pepper and clove bud oil, it is perhaps difficult to envisage what this bubbleroon smells like to begin with. Given that the clove oil featured first, I assumed it would be a spicy collaboration, with a certain level of heat from the black pepper and a refreshing blast of peppermint to finish up. In fact, the components read backwards as far as the ingredients list is concerned.

To my nose, the bubbleroon offered a gentle but very warming bubblegum smell with just a hint of both the clove and the peppermint. In some ways it reminded me of Ladybird Bubble Bar, although far more comforting and not as potent. It was a combination that felt like it didn't quite piece together perfectly, but worked none the less.

Once the bubbleroon had been crumbled under the running tap, the fragrance came out in full force: not so much that I would ever describe it as being potent, but enough that I could smell it for a good hour after I had left the bathroom. It was then that the peppermint made itself known more. Again, this note offered a very warm feeling in the bath. Not once did I ever feel as if the peppermint was at all cooling or refreshing, as it normally is.

All three ingredients create a sweet and very comforting smell - something that reminded me slightly of Witches' Ball Bubble Bar in just how unique it was with the different elements working together in unison. In my mind, this shouldn't work very well, and yet it does. 

As with all bubbleroons, this crumbled easily and filled the tub with beautifully-soft water that nourished and replenished my skin within seconds. While there weren't as many bubbles as a regular bubble bar, the bubbles that were created were silky-smooth and fragrant, and I even indulged in using them to clean my body with. The pastel purple colour that the water turned in the beginning stayed just as beautiful throughout the whole experience, and the scent lingered on my skin for a good while before I went to bed. In fact, I remember waking up at various points throughout the night and I was still able to make out the fragrance on my pillow and surrounding duvet cover. 

Ultimately, Lush need to consider bringing this out in many format as a body lotion and spray would be incredible in this fragrance. While I can imagine more products being made closer to Halloween and the colder months, as this is definitely more of a wintery scent, I do hope that this is not the last we see of such a beautiful, warming smell. I would buy this again without a doubt. 

Quantitative Ingredients: Sodium Bicarbonate, Cream of Tartar, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Fair Trade Organic Cocoa Butter, Murumuru Butter, Lauryl Betaine, Perfume, Laureth 4, Cornflour, Fair Trade Shea Butter, Clove Bud Oil, Black Pepper Oil, Peppermint Oil, Titanium Dioxide, *Eugenol, *Limonene, Colour 45410:2, Colour 42090:2, Colour 45410, Colour 45380:3, Colour 17200.

Vegan?: Yes.

2018 Price: £4.75 each.

Year Of Original Release: 2018.

No comments

Post a Comment


UP