Recently

5 May 2018

Fun For All The Family Bubble Spinner




As I have said in previous reviews, I have never been enamoured with the idea of a bubble spinner. Not only was the fidget spinner craze something that I wish to forget but I have never been overly keen on Lush's reusable bubble bars as a concept. For this reason, whenever a new one is released, I always feel a little disappointed that the product stands in place of something else.Yet despite all of my reservations, I somehow managed to fall head over heels in love with Fun For All The Family Bubble Spinner. It's incredible.

For starters, the design is simply gorgeous. Sporting a rich, deep shade of blue; carved into a wonderfully satisfying shape; and dusted with a sparkly layer of silver lustre, this bubble spinner is appealing for users of all ages. There is something rather beautiful about this spinner that steps away from the cheesy designs we have seen in the past.

Normally I find that reusable bubble bars never heed a strong colour or scent in the water, which is why I tend to use them alongside a bath bomb to make my experience a little more enjoyable in the tub. However, Fun For All The Family not only produces a vibrant shade of blue in the water after only a matter of seconds, but the fragrance is prominent enough that you don't need anything else to enhance your bathing time. 

This is a first for me when it comes to Lush's reusable bubble bars, so the company are definitely stepping up their game when it comes to their new spinners. I only hope that this echoes the standard and quality of future releases, and I'm excited to see what they have up their sleeves.

Finally, FFATF helps to create a velvety-smooth bath water that mimics that of what a regular bubble bar would normally produce, which means that you skin feels super soft and moisturised when you exit the bath tub. In all of the years I have used Lush products, I don't think I have come across a reusable bubble bar with that much strength, or one that heeds such impressive results.

Fragrance wise, this limited edition is a citrusy affair - made up of orange, lime and olibanum oils that combine to create the same scent as the seasonal Never Mind The Ballistics Bath Bomb. Unlike this bath bomb, Fun For All The Family doesn't contain an underlying note of banana. Instead you get a sweet and very fruity combination of orange and lime - the orange being the stronger of the two; and like I said in my review of the aforementioned bath bomb, the scent reminded me a little of tropical juice, just without the inclusion of the coconut aspect.

The inclusion of the olibanum oil is definitely more prominent here than it is in the bath bomb as well. While it's hard to detect much, I could detect a rich, sultry note underneath the fruity components, which I found gave the overall fragrance more depth. In addition, I feel as if the olibanum resinoid also helped to hold the citrus notes in place a little more, so the scent stayed around far longer in the tub than I was expecting.

As with all of the bubble spinners, the idea is that you hold this under the running water so that it spins and produces a surplus of bubbles and colour that pattern the water. Not surprisingly, I found that Fun For All The Family produced more bubbles than the average reusable bubble bar, and after allowing it to spin for almost a minute under the running water, I was able to set it aside to use for future baths.

Unlike some of the previous bubble spinners, this one is sturdy enough that it shouldn't crumble or fall off of the wooden rod that you hold it with. Therefore, I was able to get four really good baths out of a single spinner, and I probably could have stretched this to five or six.

In between uses it's important to pat it down and store the product somewhere cool and dry. This is because the bubble bar will ebb trails of blue if it is still wet, and while this shouldn't stain any surfaces, it will make your bathroom look a little messy - not to mention that remaining damp will soften and shrink your bubble spinner as well.

Overall, this was not a product I had high hopes for and yet it stole the show when it came to the Father's Day range this year. I would definitely recommend that you invest in one, if you've not done so already. I'm more than certain that many people won't be able to stop themselves grabbing a few more before they disappear, as this is exactly what I've done.

Quantitative Ingredients: Sodium Carbonate, Cream of Tartar, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Glycerine, Lauryl Betaine, Perfume, *Limonene, Sweet Wild Orange Oil, Lime Oil, Olibanum Resinoid, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Tin Oxide, *Citral, Colour 42053, Colour 47005:1, Colour 42090:2.

Vegan?: Yes.

2018 Price: £5.50 each.

Year Of Original Release: 2018.

Scent Family:
Festive Friends FUN Bar
Fun For All The Family Bubble Spinner
Never Mind The Ballistics Bath Bomb
Tunnel Of Love Soap



No comments

Post a Comment


UP