Recently

12 May 2018

Giant Rose Bombshell Bath Bomb




The concept of an extra large bath bomb is obviously a very novel (and rather clever) concept from Lush. While they strive to offer a wow factor with every one of their new releases, nothing makes the consumer get excited than a large ball of bicarbonate of soda to throw into their baths. 

Initially, I was rather reserved about the idea. Despite spending a great deal of money on Lush over the years, I still find it rather wasteful when I think about spending a tenner on a single use product. However, as I'm not allowing myself to buy anything from seasonal ranges that have come out already, this was the perfect excuse to enjoy a Rose Bombshell again, without breaking my rule.
Much like the normal sized one, this shares its scent with the Ro's Argan family, which probably boasts more products that any other fragrance collection from Lush. Yet, while both Rose Jam Shower Gel and this bath bomb are in the same family, the two are very different when it comes to smell: so much so that I almost regret stating that they're both under the same bracket.

Giant Rose Bombshell Bath Bomb has a strong and very powdery floral aroma - one dominated by a dry but naturally sweet rose fragrance. There is something rather 'classic' smelling about this one, and would probably suit those who like more mature smelling floral aromas. The inclusion of geranium also helps to elevate, pad out and expand the overall smell of the rose: making this one of the strongest bath bombs that Lush have produced in a long time.

While the aroma has slight elements of lemon as well, thanks to the inclusion of lemon oil, this note is more of an afterthought, and it really is the floral components that take centre stage here. If you're a fan of The Sparkler, this slightly stronger variation will tide you over until its reappearance and may even offer you something a little bit more beautiful in the tub.
Upon impact with the water, the bath bomb immediately begins to fizz - sending out waves of bright pink foam across the surface. As to be expected, the weight of this means that it wont bomb on the surface like a regular one would. Having said that, once the bath bomb had shrunk a little, I was able to get it stay floating while it fully dissolved.

As it bubbles and hisses, you begin to see the turquoise centre seeping though, and within seconds this colour creates a rich, rose-tinted tub full of water to bathe in. When Rose Bombshell has almost completely dissolved, the centre opens up and sends out a handful of yellow rose petals for a dramatic finish. Not only do these make a lovely addition to the experience but they don't cause any sort of mess in the water either, so those that are opposed to 'debris' littering their tubs can remove these with ease and not have to worry about the aftermath.

What is great about Giant Rose Bombshell is that the aroma is stronger than the normal sized bath bomb but not so much that it's overbearing. I was able to enjoy the fragrance throughout the entire time I was in the bath; it stayed on my skin for a good couple of hours after I had towelled myself down; and it lingered in the bathroom for a while afterwards. Yet, it wasn't so strong as to irritate my nose or make me wish that I'd cut it in half.
Furthermore, I found that my skin felt wonderful afterwards: I could really feel the softness between my fingers and around my face to know that the bath bomb had done a good job at moisturising my skin.

Ultimately, this is a bath bomb that I would only buy once: more because of the price than because it is not good at what it does. I can see why many Lush fans appreciated this release and I'm sure it will make an appearance in the future. While I don't want to Lush to bring out too many extra large versions of their bath bombs, I can always appreciate the merits that they offer as a novelty 'one off'.  

Quantitative Ingredients: Sodium Bicarbonate, Citric Acid, Fine Sea Salt, Yellow Rose Petals, Sicilian Lemon Oil, Geranium Oil, Rose Absolute, Rose Oil, Water, Titanium Dioxide, Propylene, Glycol, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Tin Oxide, *Limonene, Citronellol, Coumarin, Geraniol, Perfume, Colour 17200, Colour 45410, Colour 14700, Colour 19140:1, Colour 42090:2, Colour 77491.

Vegan?: Yes.

2018 Price: £9.95 each.

Year Of Original Release: 2018.

Scent Family: 
Argan Naked Facial Oil
Black Rose Bath Bomb
Giant Rose Bombshell Bath Bomb
Jason And The Argan Oil Solid Shampoo Bar
Madame Butterfly Reusable Bubble Bar
Pearl Massage Bar
Ro's Argan Body Conditioner
Ro's Argan Gourmet Soap
Ro's Argan Sparkly Naked Body Conditioner
Rose Bombshell Bath Bomb
Rose Jam Bubbleroon 
Rose Jam Liquid Perfume
Rose Jam Naked Shower Gel
Rose Jam Solid Perfume
Rose Jam Shower Gel
Scentenary Soap
The Sparkler Ballistic

coming soon!


No comments

Post a Comment


UP