Recently

12 October 2018

Christmas Cracker Bubble Bar (Christmas 2004 Version)



During the colder months of the year, I always enjoy products that share a combination of fruity and spicy smells. While the former element helps me to feel a little more alive and awake, after the bitterness of the cold weather, the spices warm me up a little faster and act like fragrant cuddle. It's no surprise then that cosmetic companies bring out the wintery scents in their many hundreds of formats - they know where the market is for certain.

When the Lush Kitchen first announced that it was going to bring out Christmas Cracker Bubble Bar, I was super excited because not only was it a product I had been wanting to try for years, but it also boasted cinnamon and orange oil as the two many components. Imagine my surprise then when a handful of these bubble bars turned up on my doorstep, and the scent that greeted me was almost unrecognisable from the descriptions I had read.
While I would initially say that this bubble bar should not be confused with the other Christmas Cracker Bubble Bar that came out during Christmas 2017, this limited edition definitely has far more in common with the newer version than I was expecting it to. Having said that, I should probably point out that the surprise was certainly not something I found at all negative.

Straight from the packet, this Christmas product smells far more like it has a high dosage of lemongrass in the ingredients lists, than it has orange or cinnamon. In fact, if someone had suggested that the bubble bar shared its scent with Avobath Bath Bomb, I wouldn't have argued the case at all, because it actually does smell very similar.
One great aspect about this bubble bar is that you have a choice about how much you use, and what colour you'd ultimately like the bath to be. Using either the red side or the green side by itself will ultimately heed the colour that you've specifically chosen. However, choose a combination of the two and you get a warming shade of orange water to submerge yourself beneath.

No matter what colour variation you decide to go for, this bubble bar is super moisturising and very generous when it comes to creating bubbles in the tub. After crumbling a piece under the running water, the bubbles began to form thick and fast, and floating on the surface like a fragrant winter jumper. As you swish your hands throughout the water, you'll create even more bubbles, and they tend to stick around for a good part of the bath.

The fragrance itself was very robust in the water and I was able to detect it throughout my entire experience. Usually, citrusy scents tend to disperse quite a bit in the water, however this one didn't. The water was incredible moisturising - so much so that I didn't feel the need to use a body lotion afterwards, and the fragrance lingered on my skin for a short while after I had dried myself off.
Overall, this bubble bar is definitely one of the best retro products to make a reappearance in the Lush Kitchen, and I do hope this isn't the last time it makes an appearance for consumers to buy. However, I am interested to know why the smell differs so much from the ingredients that have gone into making it.   

Quantitative Ingredients: Sodium Bicarbonate, Cream of Tartar, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Lauryl Betaine, Perfume, Cocamide Dea, Orange Oil, Cinnamon Leaf Oil, Chlorophyllin, Colour, Candy Holly Leaf.

Vegan?: Yes.

2016 Price: £3.95 each.

Year Of Original Release: 2004.

No comments

Post a Comment


UP