Recently

8 January 2019

American Cream Naked Shower Gel



As far as the American Cream fragrance goes, I've always wanted the original conditioner to be veganised: the very idea of a conditioner that smells that good on my hair would be a dream. One of my all time favourite bubble bars, I Am 10, also happens to share that scent, and to bring this back would be one of the most exciting things that Lush have done in years.

So when I saw that Lush would be making this year's Valentine's Day range American Cream heavy, I was really excited about the prospect of showering myself in this delightful fragrance for a good many months. This is an aroma that I always get a craving for every few months, so to have these new products to indulge in is a real treat.

American Cream Naked Shower Gel is one of four products from the range that shares the same fragrance, and easily replicates the original smell far better than the two variations of body conditioner that have come out alongside it. It also happens to offer a scent far stronger than the body conditioners, and stands up next to the liquid shower gel in many regards.

For those unfamiliar with the scent, American Cream smells like a bouquet of strawberries and cream wrapped in a hazy floral bubble. To describe it as simply 'strawberry' would paint it in a bad light because there is far more going on in the fragrance for sure. 

My nose recognises the strawberry element straight away. However, at the same time there is a dry and very musky layer of vanilla absolute alongside this. At the same time, the lavender brings the floral element to the scent, without taking away from the 'strawberry milkshake' element that Lush were going from. It's a sophisticated and very beautiful scent that lasts on your skin for a long time after using any of the products with this smell. There is something about the nature of this fragrance that gives it longevity, no matter what format it's presented in.

Much like many of the recent naked gels that Lush have released, American Cream is rather soft and slightly squidgy to the touch. Although it’s robust enough to last a few months with daily use, its consistency means it is prone to making a bit of a slimy mess on whatever surface it’s resting on. For this reason, I would highly suggest that you think carefully when considering how to store this in between uses. Having said that, the naked bottle does dry fairly quickly, so you don’t need to worry about patting it down after every shower. However, it needs to be stored somewhere dry otherwise it'll just remain a slippery mess for days on end.

Much like Avocado Wash Naked Shower Gel, this naked gel lathered up rather well under the water. However, I did need quite a generous amount between my palms to clean my whole body, which meant that the bottle did look noticeably smaller after the first week. While I think that one of these would last a good 1-2 months with daily usage, I don't think it would outlast that of a 250g bottle of the liquid gel. 

Whereas some creams and soaps don't leave me feeling as clean as a shower gel would, this naked gel was easy enough to massage across my skin, and I did feel clean after rinsing it away. Interestingly enough, I found that this naked shower gel was actually a little more moisturising on the skin than the liquid version, which is probably because of the extra oils that feature in the product.

Ultimately, this is another naked shower gel that I have enjoyed using but one that I wouldn't invest in, in the long run. While I love the concept of naked products, I'm still a little too in love with my shower gels to make the full switch from liquid to solid just yet. As the liquid version is rather lovely, I will just continue to use this, and then use one of the body conditioners to moisturise afterwards. 

Quantitiative Ingredients: Propylene Glycol, Sodium Coco Sulfate, Sodium Cocoamphoacetate, Sodium Stearate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Titanium Dioxide, Perfume, Vanilla Absolute, Clary Sage Oil, Lavender Oil, Benzoin Resinoid, Fresh Orange Juice, Fresh Strawberry Juice, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Coumarin, Colour 17200.

Vegan?: Yes.

2019 Price: £8.95 for 200g.

Year Of Original Release: 2019.

Scent Family:
American Cream Body Lotion
American Cream Conditioner
American Cream Liquid Perfume
American Cream Shower Gel
American Cream Solid Perfume
American Cream Naked Shower Gel
American Pie Body Conditioner
American Pie Naked Body Conditioner
American Pie Shower Jelly
Flosty Gritter Bubble Bar
I Am 10 Bubble Bar
Marshmallow World Bath Bomb
Twinkle Bath Ballistic


2 comments

  1. For extreme Lotions tips do check our profile hauteher tips for women

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great customer service. BLACKWOOD FOR MEN

    ReplyDelete


UP