Recently

22 January 2019

Marigold Flower Bath Bomb




Over the last year, I have found it increasingly difficult to keep up with all of the new products that Lush have been releasing. Part of this is because the company have been going well and truly overboard with the number of exclusive items that keep appearing online and in selected stores: bringing out new limited editions on what seems like a weekly basis. The other reason for my lack of proficiency is because I have been taking time to work on both my mental health and my ambitions to travel.

It was for all of these very reasons reasons that it took me actually using the Marigold Flower Bath Bomb in the tub to realise that the fragrance was not only familiar to me, but was a creation that I’d been asking for for years. 

Sharing its scent with Iced Wine Shower Jelly, this beautiful bath bomb is a brand new addition to the Mothers’ Day range this year. Containing bergamot, buchu and grapefruit oils, laced with a thread of marigold powder underneath, this gorgeous exclusive offers a warm, fruity smell with a gentle floral remnant alongside this.

To my nose, the fragrance of this bath bomb reminds me very much of freshly white grape juice combined with a subtle sultry note from the buchu to round off the fruity element. Unlike the aforementioned shower jelly, this bath bomb is definitely not as spritzy, as light, or as sweet: the gentle muskiness of the format itself, as well as the natural sweetness of the marigold powder, definitely changes the dynamics of this scent, and enhances it as well. However, that’s not to say that you can’t distinctively recognise the Iced Wine aroma present before and during use: it's just a little different in this bath bomb. 

As someone who loves the fragrance of Iced Wine, I happen to love this variation very much. Those that perhaps find the shower jelly a little too simplistic for their tastebuds, might find that this bath bomb will inspire you to appreciate the scent a little more. 

In the water, Marigold Flower Bath Bomb begins to fizz right away: sending waves of bright yellow and orange colour across the surface of the water. While there doesn’t appear to be any soya milk in the ingredients list, the bath bomb left little bubbles of colour that created a blanket of moisture on the surface, and the water was silky smooth against my skin throughout my whole experience.

What is also special about this limited edition, along with a few of the other bombs from this year’s range, is that at the top Lush have included a little scroll of blank card in which you can write a short message to a loved one. This only serves to make the whole experience a little more personal, unless like myself you only buy bath bombs for yourself - in which case the piece of card will probably get unused.

Once the bath bomb has fully dissolved, you’re left with a gentle, yellow-coloured water that continues to moisturise the entire time you are in the tub. While not the greatest colour to be bathing in, I was surprised and very impressed to find that I could detect the scent of this throughout my whole experience, although I will say that it definitely wasn't as strong as I would have liked it to have been.

Furthermore, I was also pleasantly surprised to find that the fragrance of this lingered for a significant amount of time on my hair afterwards, although I wasn't really able to detect it on my skin. This only served to convince me that Lush need to bring out a body lotion in this particular aroma, and I hope this isn't the last of new products being released in this scent.

Beautiful in design; in colour; and in fragrance, Marigold Flower is very much like Lush have been able to capture a little dosage of summer and mould it into a bath bomb. I will definitely be buying a few more of these before the seasonal is finished, and I only hope that this is not the last appearance of this bath bomb.

Quantitative Ingredients: Sodium Bicarbonate, Citric Acid, Titanium Dioxide, Bergamot Oil, Buchu Oil, Grapefruit Oil, Marigold Powder, Cream of Tartar, Water (Aqua), Dipropylene Glycol Sodium, Coco Sulfate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Geraniol, *Limonene, Perfume, Colour 47005, Colour 14700, Colour 45350.

Vegan?: Yes.

2019 Price: £5.95 each.

Year Of Original Release: 2019.


No comments

Post a Comment


UP