Recently

20 January 2019

Mamma Mia Shower Scrub




While I love the fact that Lush have been releasing so many new products for every one of their seasonal ranges lately, there is a small part of me disappointed that the majority of these are bath-related items. Although taking baths is one of my favourite pastimes, there is something far more enticing about bottled and potted products over the regular bath bomb and bubble bar. For this reason, Mamma Mia Shower Scrub was one of only a handful of products from the Mothers' Day range that really excited me.

Sporting a bright pink complexion, this brand new limited edition is easily one of the stand-out releases of the year, and I only hope that this finds a place as a permanent resident in stores and online. While it didn't inspire as strong a reaction as the likes of Cup 'O Coffee, there is something deliciously decadent about the fragrance, colour and productivity of this limited edition.  

What interested me at first was the fact that the scrub itself was rather thick in consistency: you can both see and feel the thick chunks of Himalayan salt that has gone into making this scrub super exfoliating. Yet, after only a single use I also discovered that Mamma Mia is surprisingly not very rough on the skin. I was expecting something very scratchy and coarse, which is usually my favourite type of scrub. However, I found that this seasonal special offers more of a gentle exfoliation, but one that packs a punch and leaves the skin feeling super smooth and delicately soft. 

The inclusion of the rose clay helped to remove any dirt lodged inside of my pores, after a long day at work, leaving my skin feeling and looking both clean and clear after a single use. In addition, the generous helping of grapefruit puree not only offered gentle toning results that I could feel immediately, but also left a subtle shine that gave my skin a little boost of radiance.

From the tub, the vanilla and rosewood are the most prominent notes. Combined, these two components offer a scent that I would describe as being like a bowl of super expensive vanilla ice cream that has melted under the heat of the sun. Rich, creamy and super musky, this is made even more interesting by the soft woodiness that adds to the complexity of the smell.  

The vanilla aspect of this shower scrub is very light and powdery - less 'foody' and caramel-eque than the likes of Vanillary Liquid Perfume, and instead a little more like the sugary scent that seasonal Stardust Bath Bomb offers. That's not to say that this scrub shares its fragrance with the aforementioned product: in fact, it offers something far more delicious and unique than all of the above.

Once in the shower, I found that the complexity of this aroma was lost somewhat: instead allowing the vanilla absolute to dominate the experience and leave an impression that lasted a good couple hours on the skin. Not only this but I also discovered that I needed to use very little of this to coat my whole body with, which helped to preserve my 300g tub for a lot longer. Furthermore, the fact that Mamma Mia tends to offer a small amount of lather as well meant that I didn't always need to use a shower gel alongside this scrub, saving me even more money in the process. 

Overall, this is a beautiful addition to the Mothers' Day range this year. Not only does it offer a sweet scent that will appeal to fans old and new, but the shower scrub will leave you feeling, looking and smelling good enough to devour. This is definitely one of the highlights from this year's seasonal range, and I look forward to future products sporting the same fragrance.

Quantitative Ingredients: Fine Sea Salt, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Pink Grapefruit Puree, Sodium Cocoamphoacetate, Water (Aqua), Fresh Pink Grapefruit Decoction, Himalayan Salt, Bergamot Oil, Rosewood Oil, Vanilla Absolute, Lactic Acid, Rose Clay, Lauryl Betaine, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Tin Oxide, *Limonene ,*Linalool, Perfume, Colour 45410.

Vegan?: Yes.

2019 Price: £10.95 for 300g, £19.95 for 600g.

Year Of Original Release: 2019.



No comments

Post a Comment


UP