Recently

8 August 2019

Brr! Shower Slime




Just when you think that Lush cannot possibly come up with anything new, the shower slime concept appears in its playful, childlike manner, and again makes you wonder just what are Lush capable of doing next. Lke a wonderful homage to my two favourite childhood movies, The Ghostbusters, these limited edition delights will make your showers just that little bit more interesting.

Brr! is one of two brand new 'shower slimes' to appear in the Lush Labs release a few months ago and was definitely the one I gravitated to first. With its bright - almost fluorescent - yellow demeanour, this little beauty will appeal to both children and adults alike. There is nothing more satisfying than rubbing something that looks like its birthed an alien onto your skin...erm...

Yet despite its wonderful colour, I was surprised to find that the aroma of this is not a citrusy one, as first expected. Instead, the inclusion of spearmint oil gives this slime a wonderfully warm and wholesome minty aroma. There is something about the smell of this that reminds me a lot of spearmint bubblegum, which is lovely.  

Alongside the mint, there is also something sweet and playful laced around this note that creates an almost candy-esque note as well. I've read a few people's reviews who claim that the smell reminds them of the banana foam sweets that you find in the pic 'n' mix section, and I would agree that this is what I associate the sweetness with as well. It's not really what I would described as being a vanillary note, but there is definitely something rather powdery about the smell that comes from more than just the mint. 

What I will say about Brr! Shower Slime is that it does tend to separate in the tub, if you leave it sitting for a while. You tend to find that some of the slime is runny and thin whereas the majority of the product is rather thick and stretchy. My suggestion when using any of Lush's slimes is to tip the excess liquid into the palm of your hands before you've finished your shower and use this to wash with. 

As water tends to drip into the pot whilst you're grabbing some of the product to use, this can build up and create these little pockets of running liquid, which could then become a surface for bacteria to multiply even quicker. Draining this 'water' after each use will just increase the longevity of the product overall.

What is great about Brr! is that you can immediately see and feel the product getting to work on your skin. You only need a small amount to lather between your hands and the slime will create a thick foam, similar to that of a shaving cream. When lathered across the skin, you can instantly feel has velvety-soft the product is and how it leaves your skin. 

Interestingly, when using a large dosage, I actually found that the product worked less effectively and created less of a foam to work with, so it pays to use less when it comes to this slime. Despite its vivid colour, I also found that Brr was really delicate to use across my whole body, and I didn't once develop any irritation or rashes when using this whilst shaving.

Afterwards, my skin felt super smooth and there was even a gentle gleam across my legs. Unfortunately, I wasn't really able to smell this much past the first five minutes of towelling myself down. However, the effect of the slime was prevalent for a good many hours and this is always the most important factor of any product for me.

Overall, Brr! Shower Slime, despite the fact that it initially felt like a novelty, turned out to be a really enjoyable addition to my shower routine. I didn't need much with each use; I was able to notice how nourished my skin felt almost immediately; and there was something very playful about it that added a little more fun to my morning and evening rituals. I am very much looking forward to trying the other shower slimes out for size, and can imagine that they will heed similar positive results. 

Quantitative Ingredients: Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Water (Aqua), Sodium Cocoamphoacetate, Glycerine, Cornflour, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Bicarbonate, Xanthan Gum, Perfume, Spearmint Oil, *Limonene, Colour 45350.

Vegan?: Yes.

2019 Price: £12 for 240g.

Year Of Original Release: 2019.




No comments

Post a Comment


UP