Recently

14 August 2019

Drummers Drumming Shower Jelly




Thanks to the inclusion of this brand new shower jelly in the Christmas range this year, I haven't gone a day without hearing 'FIIIIVE GOLDEN RINGS' within my mental chatter. In fact, the mere thought of the famous seasonal tune had me thinking that Lush would benefit from actually creating a collection of 12 products to match each of the days, one year.

While a brand new product for the 2019 range, Drummers Drumming Shower Jelly is not in itself completely unique. It both shares its name with a reusable bubble bar that made a fleeting appearance many Christmases ago, and offers the same fragrance as the Peachy Bath Bath Bomb that came out earlier this year.

In fact, it is this latter point that makes this shower jelly rather unique and special within the Christmas range this year. I say this because normally we are inundated with either sweet candy or spicy smells to support the seasonal trend of most cosmetics, and this latest release is neither.

Containing grapefruit, davana, elemi and tagetes oils, this golden shower jelly has a wonderfully sweet yet slightly green fruity smell. There is something almost astringent about it, which reminds me of the pith of the grapefruit, which grounds the aroma and gives it more depth than some of the less charismatic citrusy smells that feature in the range.

While described as a peachy smell, I would say that it reminds me more of the dry fruity smell of an apricot, with a slightly green note underneath. Yet, what I have also found is that if you really engage with the aroma as well, there is something about the aroma underneath all of this that reminds me slightly of cocoa as well. This latter statement may confuse many consumers who have read that it's strictly a fruity smell. However, my nose detects a note of something that reminds me of the rich, sultry note that cocoa can often bring to the table. Perhaps my nose is broken but that's just my experience. 

What I will say is that it does smell slightly stronger than the original bath bomb, and it's not as powdery either. However, it does possess the key notes that will make it recognisable for fans of the bath bomb.

Strangely, when I opened the tub I found that there seemed to be quite a lot of space between Drummers Drumming Shower Jelly and the edge of the tub. Usually the shower jellies slot perfectly into the tubs and I actually sometimes struggle to put them back in, once I've finished using them. However, this one seemed to be a little smaller than usual, although I think this is more about the consistency of the jelly as opposed to a factory issue.

What I did find was that it took a little practice to lather this one up, and I still didn't think it was as generous as other shower jellies. Yet, this is probably due to the amount of oil present in the ingredients list, which is why I would describe this one as being a little more on the oily side than the 'foamy' side. 

Having said that, once the shower jelly did begin to produce a lather, it was easy to stimulate a little more by massaging it across my skin. Furthermore, I will say that I was really impressed by how instantaneous the shower jelly made my skin feel moisturised, and I didn't need very much for my body to feel clean and nourished. It might also be worth noting that the scent was very prominent throughout my experience, and lingered on my skin and hair for a good while after I had exited the shower.

After using this daily for almost two weeks, the size of the jelly hasn't shrunk very much, which means that this is definitely good value for money. However, it's one of those jellies that can 'crack' very easily, especially if you're a 'squeezer' in the shower, so you may wish to be a little less overzealous on how you massage this across your skin. 

Overall, I really enjoyed this shower jelly and felt that Drummers Drumming replicated the Peachy fragrance really well. The shower jelly cleans and nourishes your skin nicely, and leaves a lasting impression in terms of both smell and condition. It's almost a great alternative for those who bore easily of the typical Christmassy fragrances, as this scent could be used at any time throughout the year.

Quantitative Ingredients: Glycerine, Organic Agave Syrup, Water, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Propylene Glycol, Carrageenan Extract, Perfume, Grapefruit Oil, Davana Oil, Elemi Oil, Tagetes Oil, Fresh Peach Juice, Water (Aqua), Titanium Dioxide, Geraniol, *Limonene, *Linalool, Colour 47005:1, Colour 19140.

Vegan?: Yes.

2019 Price: £6 for 100g.

Year Of Original Release: 2019.



No comments

Post a Comment


UP