Recently

26 April 2013

Snowcake Liquid Perfume


When I first began buying Lush stuff, I vowed never to buy any of their perfumes. Even though they're not expensive for the quality that you get, and they are much better quality than a lot of high street perfumes that get watered down and filled with synthetic ingredients, I still didn't want to even breach that aspect of Lush's rostrum. 

Lush stuff, although not ridiculously priced, is still a luxury item that a lot of people cannot afford. I'm lucky in that I have a job that pays enough for me to splash out on their products on a regular basis. However, you only have to put a handful of items in your basket before you've already racked up near enough £100. So if I start collecting the perfumes, I thought, that is going to double my monthly expenditure almost instantaneously.

However, fate took over when one day I logged onto the Lush website and saw six limited edition perfumes staring me in the face. The Comforter Perfume? Creamy Candy Perfume? Snowcake Perfume? It was just too much. I had to buy them all. 

As it happened, I only bought the Snowcake perfume because I had smelt the soap a week or two before and the scent had stuck with me enough to help me part with £30 of my hard-earned money. Looking back now, I am so glad I did.                                                                                                                                                              Sharing the same scent as the limited edition christmas soap, Snowcake is a unique perfume that leaves a lasting impression on both the wearer and passer-by. It is made up of a warm and sophisticated sweet smell of marzipan, intertwined with a spicy, fruity after-scent of tangerine. The irresistible marzipan scent is a combination of rose, cassis and benzoin, with the nuttiness moulded from rose absolute and citronellol. 
It's a perfume designed to comfort and cuddle cold bodies during the winter months, but one that I feel would work equally well as a light happy fragrance suitable for both spring and summer. It's a rich, decadent and unique aroma - one that I suspect would be very much a love/hate product for most people.  

The fragrance tends to last for about 3 hours on the skin, and much longer on clothes, although I will often get a sudden wave some 10 hours after the first appliance. Very little needs to be applied, so although this only comes in 30ml bottles, it will last quite a while if you use it sparingly. I've yet to determine any layers with this perfume, as I don't notice any change in scent as the day wears on. However, I don't necessarily think this is as a bad thing as the initial scent is gorgeous anyway. So why ruin it?
Fast becoming one of my favourite Lush scents, Snowcake is a must have for Lush fans. I only hope they bring it out as a limited edition again soon, so I can buy another bottle and stop worrying about running out.

Quantitative Ingredients: DRF Alcohol, Perfume, Benzoin Resinoid (Styrax Benzoin), Rose Absolute (Rosa damascena), Cassie Absolute (Acacia farnesiana), Benzyl Benzolate, Geraniol, Benzyl Cinnamate, Citronellol.  

Vegan?: Yes.

2013 Price: £26 for 30ml.


Scent Family:


4 comments

  1. you so lucky!! the usa website didn't have them :[ they just had it on lush.com/au this weekend but shipping was a little pricy
    -dani

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had this before, and then I hated it.But this time around, I LOVE it.

    Buy Branded Perfumes Onlines, Select from the best range of Perfumes at sanrosscollection.com. You can buy Boles de Olor and Bolas de Olor

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here In Italy this perfume is now available! Snowcake is my favorite soap so, If the perfume has the same smell, I may want it +_______+

    ReplyDelete
  4. You should! It really does smell identical to the soap (in my eyes) and it's one of those perfumes that lingers around throughout the day.

    ReplyDelete


UP