Recently

8 April 2013

Oatfix Fresh Face Mask


Working 12+ hours a day really takes it out on me, and the one aspect that I notice more than any other is the quality of my skin. Those 6am starts, with the quick showers and long commutes to work, really takes it out on my face, and it's not long before I'm looking pale and weathered - with big bags under my eyes and dry skin spots all over.

If it wasn't for my Lush face masks, I think I might have had to opt for plastic surgery by this stage. That's not to say that Lush face masks are the be-all and end-all of my health and beauty regime; I know that the quality of my skin is effected by the food that I eat and cosmetics I use. However, Lush's fresh masks enlighten even the most damaged of skins and leave you feeling like a million dollars. Really. 

Up until last month, I had only tried their Catastrophe Cosmetic Face Mask, and knowing that my skin really benefitted from using it, I felt there was no need to try any other. However, having gone into a Lush store on the whim, and smelt Oatfix, I just knew I had to buy it right there and then for fear I might start eating it in the shop. 

It smells absolutely divine, and is probably the one product I wish they would make edible (yes, more than Snow Fairy!). Made mostly of bananas and oatmeal, this face mask smells like a bowl of your favourite cereal. The bananas - a naturally oily fruit, are added to help the skin absorb the moisture and banish dryness. The oatmeal, ground almonds and kaolin bind the ingredients together and act as a very gentle scrub to lift dead skin away and leave the face looking brighter. A soft fragrance based on vanilla absolute finishes off this nourishing mask, with illipe butter to moisturise the skin and leave it looking and feeling super supple. 

This is a mask for dry skin, and even though I don't feel my skin is particularly dry, it makes my face feel invigorated and soft - rejuvenating the pores and bringing some colour back into my cheeks.

When comparing it to Catastrophe Cosmetic, it's not the easiest of masks to apply. The consistency means that you have to take a bit more time smearing it on your face. Whereas other face masks are wetter so you can apply it really easily, this one takes getting used to, and as you can see from my picture, it doesn't always cover your entire face with ease. Imagine cooking up a bowl of porridge and then trying to smear it across your face - it does take a little clever manoeuvring to apply it without having it all fall away onto the floor.

However, please do not let this put you off purchasing it. Despite it's flaws, it is an amazing product and does exactly what it says on the tub. It does make your skin feel smooth and refreshed; it does banish dry skin and redness; it does give your face a new lease of life. 
I use this maybe 1-2 times a week and I have noticed a real difference in the texture and consistency of my skin. My pores seem healthier and I hardly ever notice dry spots on my face anymore. Furthermore, it leaves your smelling of buttery oats, which isn't exactly a bad thing! 

Quantitative Ingredients: Glycerine, Fine Oatmeal, Fresh Organic Bananas, Water, Ground Almonds, Illipe Butter, Kaolin, Talc, Vanilla Pod, Sandalwood Oil, Benzoin Resinoid, Coumarin, Benzyl Cinnamate, Linalool, Perfume, Gardenia Extract.

2 comments

  1. I've tried Catastrophe Cosmetic, Cosmetic Warrior and Cupcake, and I love them all. I just got Brazened Honey (returned 5 clean and empty pots and got one face mask free, yay love that deal!), but I think this one is next on my list. I need something to really calm my skin, I'm on anti-acne antibiotics and I use this harsh cream prescribed by my doctor to get rid of acne on my skin every night, so I think I need to pamper my skin as good as I can with other products, and this face mask sounds perfect for the job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oatfix is fantastic for calming your skin - I'm using it at the moment as my face has come out in spots and it really soothes and softens my skin while removing the redness of the irritated areas! I love the offer of bringing 5 pots back for a free face mask, although I wish the offer was; bring back 5 pots for £5 off something. I have close to 70 pots and whenever I manage to get into a Lush shop to swap 5-10 of them, I've already amassed another 10/12 to swap so my empty pot collection is rapidly growing!

      Delete


UP