Recently

21 December 2013

Grass Shower Gel


I have a seriously sweet tooth when it comes to both what I consume as well as the sorts of cosmetics I usually reach for when I want to try something new. However, I am also a huge advocate for fresh, non-synthetic products and scents, which is why I chose to grab myself a bottle of Grass during a recent Lush splurge.

Grass Shower Gel doesn't beat about the bush: it does and smells exactly as you would expect. If you like the scent of freshly-mown lawns; that fragrant summer smell that reminds you of gentle rain on a warm day, then this is the product for you.

Packed full of wheatgrass, a plant that is known to be filled with enzymes, vitamins and minerals to condition and maintain healthy skin, this shower gel will leave you feeling and smelling amazing. It really is incredibly soft and gentle on your body and leaves it feeling clean and crisp: neither drying nor making your skin oily.
Grass possesses an uplifting smell that really makes you feel revitalised and reenergised: it makes your skin feel smooth whilst leaving a slight lingering scent that stays with you throughout the day. Whether it be the winter or the summer, this shower gel will provide a comforting and uplifting experience - one that is completely different to the citrus bursts I normally opt for, but one that is just as refreshing and crisp.

Grass is great all year round, despite it's scent being reminiscent of those warmer, more favourable months. In the winter, it works as a form of escapism from those unsavoury chills and frosty weather conditions; in the summer, it works with the heat to cool and cleanse your body and removes that clammy feeling you sometimes feel after a hot day. 

This shower gel, as with most other Lush gels, can be used as a shampoo as well as or instead of a gel. However, I have yet to use any of their shower gels in this way so I am unable to comment on it's performance in this area. However, I can imagine it working really well - proving a light, fluffy lather to wash your hair with and leaving a gentle 'green' smell that will follow you around all day. 

Some may find this shower gel expensive compared to other Lush alternatives. However, with it's unique and invigorating smell, it's definitely worth the £16.95 price tag for a 500g bottle, or a reduced £4.95 tag for a smaller, trial-sized bottle if you're just looking to dip your toes. 

love to use it in the mornings as it's really lightly scented so it's not too overpowering, yet it perks me up and helps to make those 5am mornings slightly more tolerable. It's consistency is neither thin nor overly thick, which means that it lasts a lot longer than other Lush shower gels. I'll definitely be buying this one again, and I would recommend every Lush fan tries this at least once, to experience it's unique and magical properties.

Quantitative Ingredients: Water, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Sodium Cocoamphoacetate, Fresh Wheatgrass Juice,Lauryl Betaine, Chlorophyllin Water, Perfume,Propylene Glycol, Sandalwood Oil, Bergamot Oil,Neroli Oil, Fine Sea Salt, Benzyl Alcohol,*Coumarin, Geraniol, Limonene, Linalool, Methyl Ionone, Methylparaben.

Vegan?: Yes

2014 Price: £4.95 for 100g, £9.95 for 250g, £16.95 for 500g. 
2016 Price: £11.00 for 250g. 
2017 Price: £11.25 for 250g. 

Scent Family:
Against Animal Testing Soap
Autumn Leaf Bath Ballistic
Grass Body Lotion


25 comments

  1. Hey, I have a question and I wasn't sure where to ask it so I thought here was as good a place as any! Basically, I've been seeing a lot of stuff on the Internet about how Lush isn't as good as it used to be, how they mistreat their employees and how the products aren't really hand made (e.g. I read somewhere that their soaps are bought and melted down and refragranced so aren't actually their own nor handmade). I really like Lush and I don't want to believe this is true but I don't know what to think :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also want to know if this is true... :(

      Delete
    2. I'm going to be honest and say that I don't really know! I have heard that some products aren't as good anymore. I know that their bath bombs don't last as long as they used to and can often be a little scentless. This is because a few years back they had to remove the main product that retained the scent from the bath bombs - I cannot remember what the reason was, I was only just getting into Lush at that point and it passed me by...

      I think the problem stems from the fact that it does seem that since the Lush Kitchen was introduced, more and more problems seem to arrive and people are far more vocal about it as well. I think sometimes Lush might rush into things without taking the time to really hon out all of the problems before products come out. I know they have a policy that states that they're only human and will make mistakes. This is fair enough and I appreciate their honesty, but it does seem to be happening a lot recently.

      Having said that, I have had very little issues with any of the products I have bought over the last couple of years - no separating or mold or broken products that some people have complained about - I think it really depends on your experience but the majority of fans have a very positive experience with the products.

      As for the soap, I have heard this story to and I don't really know what to think. I'm sorry I couldn't be of more help!

      Delete
    3. The majority of soaps they sell are "melt and pour" which means you buy the soap base and then add your own fragrance, colour, ingredients etc. They have always used melt and pour, it's nothing new and it's something many companies do. Truly homemade soap isn't as exciting, it would just be creamy, pastel colours.

      Delete
  2. As a lush employee, I can tell you that these rumours are definitely false! You can sign up to Lush tv online to see videos on where we get our ingredients and how we make our products... They really are handmade! The flagship street in Oxford Street is opening soon so come and visit us and see for yourself! And for the record, they treat us fantastically, and the pay is rather wonderful haha. Hope this helps! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is this Mark hiding behind the Anonymous tag tried to defend his wicked corporate ways?I sure think so

      Delete
    2. I'm glad to hear this - it's great that you've had a great experience. As someone who's never worked for Lush (yeah, I know right?), I really have no idea how staff are treated and what goes on behind closed doors. It's good to hear a positive story :)

      Delete
    3. I'm a former employee from Australia and I had a terrible experience as an employee here - the company is very poorly run here. But the product is 100% handmade unless it's changed in the last year...and I still love the product. I boycotted it for a while due to my experience but just can't stay away...

      Delete
  3. Ohmydays I just wrote a super long essay about the mistreatment of staff in one of the stores but I lost it when it didn't publish!

    Anyway, I'll just short hand everything.
    - I was a Lush employee. Many years ago in one of the biggest and busiest London stores.
    - the manager, let's call her J, use stop give us daily targets to fill. Selling 10 of Insert Product a day per staff. Regardless of what the customers actually wanted. We were told off if we didn't meet our daily targets and were humiliated in front of all the staff.
    - a staff member who had bipolar asked for shorter shifts and various days off to be able to control her condition better. She was fired on the spot for mentioning that she has bipolar. J said she didn't know she had bipolar when hiring her, and said she would've never hired her if she knew.
    - there were almost a monthly rotation of staff quitting and being hired. No one could stand working with J.
    - there were a lot of staff on the payroll with zero hour contracts. When J wanted to fire someone but wanted to keep things more in her favour, (eg, no records of inappropriate Or unfair dismissal) she would put them on zero hour contracts, stopped putting them on the rota for months till the staff member got tired of it and quit themselves.
    - staff discount was abused and so was product write offs. Once a friend of J came into the store, J gave her a pot of Ultrabland and Gorgeous off the shelf. Told me to write them off in the records as "gone off".
    - J would take whatever bath bombs she wanted at the end of the day, off the shelves, and told me to write them off as "broken".
    - there was blatant favouritism/selective dislike among the staff, one girl was only ever cleaning shelves and mopping floors. She was never trained to sell products at all.

    I quit in the end. And I wish I had the balls or the know-how to tell the top bosses of what was actually happening in our store... but I was young and didn't know what to do...
    So there you have it. All of the above is true and please know that because I was never fired, I have no reason to speak badly of them out of spite.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry, a typo, "she used to give us daily targets"

      Delete
    2. I'm sorry to hear you had such a negative experience as an employee. I'm going to honest and say that it seems that retail as a whole can be a rather nasty profession to go into. I remember when I worked in retail, I was threatened with disciplinary actions and my contract being reduced if I didn't adhere to a certain number of deals sold a day. While I think companies are obviously trying to ensure their companies are selling well, I often think a lot of the problems stem from the fact that some people just don't have the basic social skills to talk to people and treat them like human beings, not to mention those, who when given a little power, abuse it and treat employees horribly.

      Unfortunately, any company big enough to hold multiple stores, will find it difficult to ensure that there is no bullying going on in stores, not to mention stealing. It's horrible to think that these things are going on...

      Delete
  4. Please please please is there anyway to bring back the grass shower gel?!! Start a petition or something? It was the best smelling shower gel ever!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All I can say is keep your eyes on the Kitchen - I can guarantee that it'll make a reappearance next year!

      Delete
    2. Monday 22nd February 2016 - 8am. Be there :)

      Delete
  5. Wow thank you!!!!! Best news ever!! I'll be sure to stock up again :-D

    ReplyDelete
  6. How often was the shower gel yet in the kitchen? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Please bring back grass shower gel

    ReplyDelete
  8. Please bring back grass shower gel

    ReplyDelete
  9. Please bring back grass shower gel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It will be back on Thursday (21st of April of 2016)! :D

      Delete
  10. Will this ever make a comeback :-( When will it next be in the kitchen?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh how I wish Grass would make a return </3

    ReplyDelete
  12. I wish more authors of this type of content would take the time you did to research and write so well. I am very impressed with your vision and insight. Artificial Grass Lawn Bury

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you very much for writing such an interesting article on this topic. This has really made me think and I hope to read more. Artificial Grass Lawn Bolton

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you for sharing such useful information. I really enjoyed while reading your article and it is good to know the latest updates. Do post more. And also get to know about the best Hair and Body Wash

    ReplyDelete


UP