Recently

25 August 2015

93000 Miles Shower Jelly


Ever since my journey with Lush started near on four years ago now, my relationship with their shower jellies has come on in leaps and bounds. What started out as a frustrating battle to not lose the whole product down the drain, has turned into an appreciation for the innovative idea and a much better understanding of how they should be utilised efficiently. 

93,000 Miles is one of three new jellies to first appear on the shelves of the Oxford Street store - a product that gives nothing away by its name or indeed its colour. Inspired by co-founder Helen Ambrosen's friend, who has run an impressive 93,000 miles to date, this jelly serves a purpose aside from just being your typical, run-of-the-mill shower companion. 

With a eucalyptus and mint infusion base, this product is designed to do one of many things. Firstly, the analgesic properties of the former ingredient can help to soothe muscle discomforts and relieve pain - making it perfect to use post-workout or after a long, strenuous day at work/school. Coupled with the refreshing scent of the mint, these ingredients can relieve tension and leave your muscles relaxed and recuperated - ready to face the next challenge ahead.  

Secondly, eucalyptus is also known for its cooling properties, which not only makes this jelly incredibly refreshing after a sweaty workout, but helps to invigorate the senses and eradicate tiredness. Again, pairing this with the mint creates a very stimulating experience - one that anyone getting up at the crack of dawn will no doubt appreciate on those particularly difficult mornings.

As you can imagine, 93,000 Miles has a very distinctive smell - one that's very similar to Wiccy Magic Muscles. The eucalyptus gives off a strong sweet, woody scent, while the peppermint oil adds an equally strong and very crisp minty aroma. With the inclusion of cinnamon oil to boot, you can definitely detect a slightly spicy element to the jelly - one that is warming on both the senses as well as the skin.

Although it's definitely not a smell I'd want to wear as a perfume, I appreciate the fact that this has enough benefits to keep me using it. In the shower, it lathers up fairly well - definitely not the most generous jelly I've had but it does produce enough soft foam to clean effectively with. 

Much like Wiccy Magic Muscles, it takes a few minutes for the product to work but I could definitely feel a slight cooling sensation on my skin after this time. It's not as powerful as the likes of Freeze Shower Gel in that it won't leave you feeling as if you've just rubbed yourself down with a bucket of ice cubes, but there's enough of a sensation to recognise the fact that it works.

While the cooling sensation wasn't as prolonged as I was hoping - lasting no more than an hour after leaving the shower, the benefits of the ingredients stayed with me for much longer. Since using this, I have noticed a difference in how I feel after a strenuous workout session. Whereas before I would ache and feel slightly stiff, even with the correct warm ups and cool downs, this jelly has really helped to soothe my muscles as well as relax me before bedtime. 

This will now be a regular feature in my shower basket - not only to support me through those difficult, dark 5:30am starts, but also to reward my body after a particularly gruelling session at the gym. I may not be able to claim that I have run an impressive 93,000 miles yet, but this shower jelly will definitely help me to reach that goal a lot quicker.

Quantitative Ingredients: Eucalyptus and Mint Infusion (Eucalyptus globulus leaf, mentha piperita), Glycerine, Water (Aqua), Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Propylene Glycol, Carrageenan Extract (Chondrus crispus), Perfume, Cinnamon Leaf Oil (Cinnamomum zeylanicum), Peppermint Oil (Mentha piperita), Extra Virgin Coconut Oil (Cocos nucifera), *Cinnamyl Alcohol, *Cinnamal, *Coumarin, *Eugenol, *Isoeugenol, *Benzyl Benzoate, *Limonene, *Linalool, Colour 14700, Colour 15510, Methylparaben, Propylparaben.

Vegan?: Yes.

2015 Price: £3.50 for 100g, for 250g.

Year Of Original Release: 2015.





7 comments

  1. Dear Jen,Lush announced that certain products will soon be only available online,Do you know what are they?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm afraid I don't know - I'm only watching the ones that have already come online!

      Delete
  2. I would call this an instant classic. Boy, it's the only shower jelly next to Dreamtime I really like. And I adore the scent so much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. so glad you have positive things to say about this! cant wait for mine to get in :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to say, I bought this online because my local store doesn't stock it but I read about it in the Fresh Thinking book and thought it sounded great. When it finally arrived I was soooooo put off by the smell, but I thought hey I'll give it a go anyway. What I noticed is that when you use it it smells so much differently than it does dry in the tub. To me, it smelled exactly like the New! shampoo bar that I'm currently using. Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. can't stand the smell :( makes me feel sick :o

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would call this an instant classic. Boy, it's the only shower jelly next to Dreamtime I really like. And I adore the scent so much. clog your shower drain

    ReplyDelete


UP