Recently

4 June 2019

Goddess Hair Moisturiser



This year has certainly been the year of the Goddess and what a wonderfully empowering message that has been to hear. While in no way one of my favourite fragrances, I am extremely delighted that a smell so strong and complex as this one is getting as much love and appreciation as it has been doing.

Featuring an array of powerful ingredients, this hair moisturiser is no less intriguing or any less beautiful than the other products with the very same aroma. Sandalwood and Oudh oils work to create a very heavy, resinous smell that overall governs the most part of this, while the heady jasmine adds its own layer of sweet, intoxicating floral notes alongside the other components. As I have said in my review of the liquid perfume, this is not a smell to be messed with: it's heavy and alluring, and strong enough to represent the name it's been given. 

What I will say is that Goddess Hair Moisturiser does seem to be a little tamer than the perfume and soap, in that the scent is perhaps not as potent as you may expect it to be. Given how strong the fragrance is known for being in other formats, I assumed that once applied, this moisturiser would act as a hair perfume as well. However, I found that this Liverpool exclusive doesn't want to stick around long after application, so this may disappoint a few people to hear this. Having said that, this limited edition certainly offers an abundance of other positive properties to make this well worth the £14 you'll pay for the tub.

To use this product, it's very important to note that you should never apply this to dry hair. Having tried it out for myself, out of curiosity, I found that my hair became very sticky before hardening a short while later, leaving it feeling matted and dry and disgusting for the rest of the day.

After completing your usual routine in the shower, simply towel dry your locks and then apply a small amount into the lengths and ends of your hair. While it may not initially feel as if the product goes far, you'll discover just how well it works once your hair is fully dried, so try not to overindulge by adding too much product as it will just be wasted. As it's so thick, a small amount goes a long way, so tread carefully...

As soon as my hair was fully dried, I wouldn't believe how shiny, manageable and ultimately hydrated my locks felt. The inclusion of the coconut oil just added so much vibrancy, whilst the jojoba served to make my hair look and feel super nourished. After running through my hair multiple times, I couldn't believe how much this product had transformed my hair in just a matter of minutes. While not a permanent solution by any means, Goddess definitely offers you a quick fix to beautifully smooth and stronger hair, and I have been using it religiously ever since.

Despite the hefty price tag, I have found myself using this product in such small amounts that my 100g tub has lasted me almost a month with daily use. While I foresee myself finishing this product within the next couple of weeks, I still think an average of £7 a month for a product that works so well is great value for money. As many people would only use this once or twice a week, your 100g tub would probably last much longer.

My only qualms with Goddess Hair Moisturiser is that the fragrance is too weak to hold itself on my locks after application, which would have made this an all-round perfect product if it was able to do so. Given how strong other versions of this scent are, I thought that would have been a given, but I was sorely wrong.

Quantitative Ingredients: Oat Milk, Water (Aqua), Glycerine, Fair Trade Olive Oil, Glyceryl Stearate & PEG-100, Stearate Cetearyl, Alcohol, Extra Virgin Coconut Oil, Polyvinylpyrrolidone (PVP), Organic Jojoba Oil, Jasmine Absolute, Osmanthus Absolute, Rose Oil, Sandalwood Oil, Oudh Oil, Cupuaçu Butter, Candelilla Wax, Avocado Butter, Phenoxyethanol, Benzyl Alcohol, *Benzyl Benzoate, *Citronellol, *Eugenol, *Farnesol, *Geraniol, *Limonene, *Linalool, Perfume.

Vegan?: Yes.

2019 Price: £14 for 100g.

Year Of Original Release: 2019.


No comments

Post a Comment


UP