Recently

10 June 2019

Glow Worm FUN Bar



Avobath Bath Bomb was one of the very first products I ever tried from Lush and many of my earliest memories feature that classic product. It's a scent that reminds me of my journey into the company: when everything was new and exciting and very overwhelming. Since then we have seen an impressive number of products make an appearance in this scent, most recently this limited edition FUN Bar.

Named Glow Worm because it also happens to glow in the dark, this luminescent bar of FUN is exclusive to the Lush Liverpool store. While fairly plain in demeanour, it's definitely worth an investment, and I can only hope that my review will tempt a few people to try it out for themselves.

Featuring a generous helping of lemongrass, bergamot and rosewood, this squid little bar of fun offers a bright, zesty, uplifting lemongrass scent, with a green-like undercurrent, and a little of the rosewood for grounding underneath. If you're for a fragrance that will compliment the warmer weather, I cannot think of anything better than this one.

Much like with each of the limited edition Liverpool FUN bars that have come out with this one, Glow Worm is really easy to use and very generous in the bath and shower. You only need to break off a piece the size of a small grape and this will produce enough suds to last you the entire shower. Simply massage the piece between your palms, allowing a little water to get involved, and the FUN bar produces a mass of silky-soft foam to clean yourself with.

Unlike a lot of FUN Bars, this one happens to be a little on the squishy side to begin with, so I'd highly recommend that you store it somewhere cool between uses, and ensure you only take a small amount into the water with you each time. Otherwise, you're likely to make a sticky mess on the side of the bath if you leave the product there exposed to heat and damp.

I have also tried this in the bath - using it in the same way I would a bubble bar by holding it under a running tap to create a surplus amount of bubbles and a beautifully fragrant bath to enjoy. Again, this bar worked really well in this way and I really enjoyed being able to bathe in the fragrance alongside of Avobath Bath Bomb for extra zest! I cut a slice that probably equated to about a sixth of the bar and this gave me more than enough bubbles, so this works out cheaper than a regular bubble bar for sure.

For those who love this smell, you can also use this in replacement of your regular shampoo, and coupled with the conditioner will leave your locks smelling wonderful. While I haven't tried this in my hair, I've heard from many people that FUN works well in this way and I cannot see why this one would be any different. 

To conclude; I really loved this FUN bar and I think Lush would do well bringing it out for everybody to enjoy at some point in the future. It cleaned and moisturised my skin well and left a wonderful fragrance that lingered on my skin for a good hour after I had towelled myself down. Despite the hefty price tag, the fact that I needed to use a lot less than other FUN Bars made it seem better value for money, and I would certainly buy it again.

Quantitative Ingredients: Cornflour, Talc, Glycerine, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Luminescent Zinc Sulphate, Lemongrass Oil, Bergamot oil, Rosewood Oil, Perume, Citral, Geraniol, Limonene, Linalool.

Vegan?: Yes.

2019 Price: £4.95 each.

Year Of Original Release: 2019.


No comments

Post a Comment


UP