Recently

21 June 2019

Snowman Bath Melt Tablet




Winter always reaps havoc on my skin and my mood, which is why I am seriously thinking about moving to another continent in the next year or two. You'd expect someone who has lived in England for 33 years to be hardy when it comes to the rain, snow, sleet and ice. However, I've always gravitated towards the heat, and feel so much better in my skin that way, so it was only a matter of time before my home country evicted me for good.

Unfortunately, my frozen-over brain forget to check that all of the recent limited edition bath melts were vegan before I began using them, which is why I was rather irked off when I used Snowman Bath Melt Tablet the other night only to discover that it contained beeswax after I had already indulged in the bath. These things happen from time to time, and all I can do is be grateful that I can at least give an extra review that wasn't supposed to be written. 

As with all of Lush's seasonal 'tablets', this bath melt stands at about 9cm in width, 6cm wide, and about 5mm thick. As far as bath melts go, this one is beautiful to look at and looks fantastic as a decoration in your bathroom. Left this way, you can expect a wonderful aroma to greet you every time you enter the room, and with a thickness little under a centimetre this is definitely one of the biggest bath melts that Lush have ever unleashed into the world. While it is definitely a very pretty experience to put the whole thing into the tub at once, I would suggest that you cut this into three or four pieces to make the most out of it.

You certainly don't need to use the entire melt in one go, and it would be far less messy breaking off pieces whilst its dry than hanging or storing the tablet once it's already been in the water. Having said that, I found that the melt dried fairly quickly after I pulled it from the water, so I didn't have to worry too much about cleaning up afterwards.

Featuring lemon and myrtle oils, this limited edition bath tablet has a sharp, zesty and very potent citrusy smell. There is something so light and crisp about this aroma and it's incredibly refreshing: perfect for any time of the year when you need something to startle you away. Interestingly, there is also an element of mint underneath this fruity concoction and this adds something rather cooling about the smell, without adding too much of a minty smell overall.

When it came to Snowman Bath Melt, I found that it didn't tend to put on much of a show in the water. The bath melt floated on the surface whilst it slowly dissolved, and then sent out little streams of blues oils that seemed to disappear fairly quickly into the water. Every so often I found myself massaging the bar itself to release the oils into the water because they were quite thick and resistant to dissolve by themselves. I think if you simply waited for the bath tablet to melt by itself, you'd probably be in the tub for a matter of hours. 

Once the tablet had melted into the water, I found that the water was left with the most subtlest shade of pale blue I think I have ever seen. There was also quite a few flecks of oils still left floating around in the water. These never proved to be a problem whilst I was in the water, but they didn't make for the most exciting of displays.

Once I exited the bath, I found that I could detect a gentle citrusy lemon smell on my body and my skin felt super soft and replenished. In fact, there was something rather supple about my skin which I hadn't noticed before I had submerged myself beneath the water, and I definitely think this had something to do with the product.

Why Lush decided to bring these little beauties out for a matter of days before they disappeared for good, I will never know. However, why I didn't then verify that this one was vegan before using it is probably just as silly an answer. If Snowman Bath Melt Tablet ever makes a reappearance, I would definitely be tempted to buy myself another one...only if it was to be made vegan obviously.

Quantitative Ingredients: Fair Trade Organic Cocoa Butter, PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Sodium Bicarbonate, Potassium Bitartrate (Tartar), Fair Trade Shea Butter, Beeswax, Cupuaçu Butter, Perfume, Sicilian Lemon Oil, Myrtle Oil, Titanium Dioxide,* Citral,* Limonene, Cl 42090, Cl 42090: 2.

Vegan?: No.

2019 Price: £5.95 each. 

Year Of Original Release: 2019.


No comments

Post a Comment


UP