Recently

1 June 2019

Groovy Kind Of Love Bath Bomb (2019 Edition)




If there is one thing that appeals to me more than anything else when it comes to my bath bombs, it's the promise of lots of vibrancy and lots of fragrance in the bath tub. Whether or not the bomb is at all moisturising is far less a priority than what the product actually looks like when 'in action.' For this reason, our next bath bomb was definitely high on my list of ones I wanted to try first.

Groovy Kind Of Love is actually not as new as some Lush fans may believe. First released during a showcase event in 2017, this bath bomb has already been made available to lucky fans able to attend the event. Having said that, the scent of the original is very different to the new updated version, and I'll be honest when I say that it took me a while to fully forgive Lush for dropping such an amazing aroma.
Having said that, this brand new edition is equally as scrumptious to look at as much as it is to watch in the water. With the summer fast approaching in the UK, this is definitely a product that I will be buying multiples of for when I'm wanting a refreshing and uplifting experience in the bath.

Firstly, there's no denying that Groovy Kind Of Love is one of the most stunning bath bombs to look at. Sporting an entire rainbow of different colours, this little beauty sends out every colour imaginable when it hits the waters. Puddles of pink and orange, yellow, green and blue foam decorates the surface of the water very quickly, all whilst the bath bomb spins violently under the surface of the water. I can honestly say that I've never seen a bath bomb move so quickly in my bath tub and it was a real joy to watch it go. 

After a short time, Groovy Kind Of Love slows down quite a bit but the colours keep appearing from the core of the bath bomb. Once the product has fully dissolved, you're left with a very beautiful shade of orange to bathe in, which matches the beautiful fruity aroma that lingers alongside this.
As for its new fragrance, this bath bomb offers a collaboration of rosewood, bergamot and ylang ylang, which together create a warm, fruity and very citrusy aroma. The bergamot is definitely the strongest element here, which is why the bath bomb is very bright and almost has what I would say as being slightly juicy, sherbet-like notes to it. Alongside this, the rosewood offers a gentle layer of naturally sweet floral elements, which grounds the smell a little and adds a resinous note underneath.

This is a very refreshing yet equally robust and very warming fragrance, and one that suits the design more than I could have hoped for. What I really appreciated about Groovy Kind Of Love was that the fragrance lingered on throughout my whole experience in the tub, and then onto my skin as I towelled myself down. Although the fruity elements mellowed somewhat, and I found that the rosewood came through a little more during the process, I really enjoyed how settled yet equally refreshed I felt in the bath tub.
While the new fragrance is not as appealing to me as the original was, I still very much appreciate that Groovy Kind Of Love is a bath bomb that is openly available to me at all times. It epitomise the very essence of summer to me and I am so glad I ended up leaving this one to last when trying out all of the 54 new baths bombs.

Quantitative Ingredients: Sodium Bicarbonate, Citric Acid, Sodium Coco Sulfate, Perfume, Rosewood Oil, Bergamot Oil, Ylang Ylang Oil, Water (Aqua), Propylene Glycol, Dipropylene Glycol, Benzyl Alcohol, *Limonene, *Linalool, Colour 47005, Colour 14700, Colour 45410, Colour 45410:1, Colour 42090, Colour 17200, Colour 19140.

Vegan?: Yes.

2019 Price: £6.95 each.

Year Of Original Release: 2019.


coming soon!


No comments

Post a Comment


UP