Recently

5 September 2013

Ceridwen's Cauldron Bath Melt


On paper, Ceridwen's Cauldron sounds like a dream; a leisurely slow-melting bath melt full of natural essential oils and scents to soothe, relax and massage the skin. Inspired by herbal spells, natural medicine and Welsh mythology, this unique product is full of beautifying herbs and oils. 

Wrapped in muslin cloth and tied with a ribbon, Ceridwen's Cauldron definitely incites and inspires interest. Also, unlike other Lush bath products, this one cannot be easily broken up and added to different baths. So for the hefty price of £3.99, this is at the steep end of Lush's prices.

Although you cannot see through the cloth easily, CC has a whole host of ingredients that have been added for their unique properties. The main ingredient, cocoa butter, alongside the walnut oil, are gentle on the skin and help to moisturise without leaving you greasy. And unlike the cocoa butter you might find in other shops, this is the natural variety without added synthetic ingredients. Walnut oil is also rich in vitamins and omega-3 fatty acids as well as a natural antiseptic, so helps to rid of dry skin without irritating skin conditions. 

Oats are added as they have a soothing effect on the skin, and on the psyche in general, and also contain anti-inflammatory properties. They can help to relieve itchy and irritated skin. As I've said in previous posts, tangerine and lavender oil can relieve stress and even prevent insomnia. The latter can also repair skin by acting as an antibacterial healer.

Simply pop this in the bath and watch as the oils begin to seep through the cloth and into the water. What you won't get is any sort of show; The oils produce a slight 'cloudiness' to the water, but there is no colour. The water felt nice and soft but not greasy at all while I was in there and when I got out and dried myself my skin felt nice and soft, not dry and tight at all.

However, what I didn't like was that Ceridwen's Cauldron hasn't got a remarkably strong scent. In fact, I would go as far as to say that I didn't smell a single thing the whole time I was using it. I was expecting the herbal elements of the melt to come through during my bathing, enabling a more earthy experience. However, I was deeply disappointed when I didn't smell anything at all.
I think perhaps this product would be best suited when used alongside a similar bath bomb, so you get the moisturising properties of Ceridwen's Cauldron, with the visual and scented experience of a bath bomb. Having said that, priced up at £4.35 each, this is rather an expensive investment if you have to use it alongside another product to get a well-rounded bath. Although it wasn't a bad product, it's one that I won't be returning to anytime soon.

Quantitative Ingredients: Cocoa Butter, Whole Oats, Laureth 4, Walnut Oil, Perfume, Tangerine Oil, Lavender Oil, Sandalwood Oil, Frankincense Resinoid, Rose Absolute, Elderflowers, Daisy Flowers, Cowslips, *Geraniol, *Limonene, Linalool.

Vegan?: Yes

2014 Price: £4.35 each.





2 comments

  1. I keep the cloth for tying up the bath bombs with all the flowers and stuff in them. So I don't have to clean up the mess afterward.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I just love this bathmelt! It makes my dry skin so soft and nourished and I actually really like the smell, it smells sweet, rich and a little flowery to me, but not overpowering.

    ReplyDelete


UP