Recently

15 August 2014

Running To The Embassy Body Butter



I'm terrible when it comes to using up my stack of body butters, mostly because they're not the most appealing of products to look at, and I often forget how good most of them make my skin feel. It was while I was rooting through my older products, searching for something to share company with in the shower, that I discovered a lonely one of these at the bottom of my pile. Thankfully, Lush have recently re-released them through the kitchen and I have purchased a couple of fresh ones to try. 

Running To The Embassy Body Butter is a rather unique body butter, in the fact that it's been designed to help scrub, clean and spruce up a particularly problematic area of your body - your feet. As my job involves me walking around a lot throughout the day, only to come home and work out for an hour as well, my poor 'plates of meat' often need that little extra TLC to keep them looking good. 

This product, with it's rather fantastic name, contains many wonderful ingredients that help to keep your feet feeling, looking and smelling fresh. First and foremost is the inclusion of both peppermint and spearmint oil - both of which give this product a very strong-smelling mint fragrance. In all honesty, I'm not particularly keen on this. Although I have no qualms with mint-scented cosmetics, this body butter in particular isn't the nicest smelling as far as mint fragrances go. I think it's the addition of the marigold oil which gives it a strange minty-floral aroma, but I'm willing to overlook this aspect because of how well it works. 

As with all Lush butters, Running To The Embassy has an abundance of cocoa butter and shea butter included here - both of which help to moisturise and soften the skin, while the inclusion of pumice helps to exfoliate and remove dead and dried skin in those harder to reach areas. Cocoa butter is a staple ingredient in the cosmetics industry and with good reason; it combines well with other ingredients and reacts to the temperature of the body, melting slowly which makes skin look and feel supple and smooth. Shea butter is a lighter ingredient, absorbing into the skin really easily as well as aiding the absorption of other active ingredients. 

What you'll notice about this product, which differs from other body butters, is that the texture of the bar is slightly grainy, as opposed to it being more 'scratchy' like the others that I have tried. For this reason, it's definitely more like You Snap The Whip than Buffy, although it gives a gentler exfoliation than that one. 

In the shower, I gently massaged it all over my feet, careful not to expose the bar to the running water. I found the size of the bar limited me from getting in-between those hard-to-reach places, but this could be solved by slicing the bar into smaller, more manageable chunks. To finish, I then rinsed the lather away. I would recommend that you ensure your feet are properly rinsed after application as some of the butter can remain on the base of your feet and make it very slippery for you to stand. 

What I found after the first use was that my feet felt and looked instantly moisturised -they were soft to touch and remained that way for a few days afterwards. Furthermore, the annoying dry patches on the soles of my feet began to heal and shrink, and after a couple of weeks, they had all but disappeared. I was amazed at how healthy my feet felt and it gave me confidence enough to wear open-toed shoes for the first time in over a year. 
After each use, be sure to pat it down and store it somewhere dry. This is because the bar tends to shrink a little and you'll lose a good 1-2 uses out of it if it stays damp. Unfortunately, it took me a little while to figure this fact out, and by then, I had wasted quite a bit of product.

Ultimately, this is a really lovely product and I would definitely recommend it to anyone who wants to give their hard-working feet a good ol' pampering session. Although it's not as effective as Volcano, and it doesn't smell as nice either, it gave my feet a well-deserved detox and left them smelling fresh and clean whilst feeling silky soft. 

Quantitative Ingredients: Cocoa Butter (Theobroma cacao), Pumice, Shea Butter (Butyrospermum parkii), Spearmint Oil (Mentha viridis), Peppermint Oil (Mentha piperita), Tagettes Oil (Tagetes glandulifera), Chlorophyll, Perfume.

Vegan?: Yes.

2017 Price: £6.95 each.
2017 Price: £7.50 each.

No comments

Post a Comment


UP