Recently

18 August 2014

Rainbow Worrier Ballistic


Despite getting excited when I manage to pick up rare or discontinued products on eBay, there's a small part of me that withholds my enthusiasm until I trial the product for the first time. I say this because in a small number of cases, I find that the original bath bomb or bubble bar is way past it's use-by date and demonstrates as much in the bath tub. While my original experience with Rainbow Worrier Bath Ballistic was less than impressive, due to this reason, I was so glad when Lush brought this out in the kitchen last week and I was able to enjoy a fresh one. 

According to Lush, this bath bomb is a bit of a mystery. Pertaining an all white outer shell, this ballistic has either a yellow, blue or pink centre, meaning you don't know what colour your bath will turn until you pop it in the water and observe it at work.

First released some 9-10 years ago, Rainbow Worrier was a product created for those of us who are overly stressed, whether it be due to work, exams or some other aspect of our lives. This bath bomb features key ingredients to enrich your senses and help calm both you and your muscles down. 
Containing both vetivert and sandalwood, this product gives off a smoky fragrance, with the addition of patchouli to add that slight sweetness to the mix. Fans of heavier smells such as Breath Of God will probably appreciate this - it has elements of Inhale/Exhale but nowhere near as pungent. It also has an almost earthy smell, reminding me just slightly of Tramp Shower Gel, although this resemblance is very loosely linked.

This is a very slow fizzing bath bomb - in fact it took mine a good 10 minutes to fully dissolve. Given how heavy it is, this tends to drop to the bottom of the tub and release waves of soft white foam across the surface of the water. After being in the water for a while, the Rainbow Worrier reveals that mystery inner colour - mine being a thin trail of yellow that began to appear from the centre of the ballistic and decorated the water. 

While the bath bomb silently fizzed and coated the water with a thin veil of velvety foam, it didn't change the colour of the bath which was a little disappointing. As I expected, the bath water turned a little bit cloudy, but nothing else really happened - something I'm finding is happening a lot with Lush bath bombs as of late. 

On the positive side, the ballistic did make the water rather soft and moisturising on my skin, which is exactly what my body needed. Furthermore, it did showcase a rather strong aroma which stayed with me throughout the entire experience and matured wonderfully on my skin, making this a very relaxing bath.   

Rainbow Worrier, in my opinion, is nice enough product with a long shelf life and a lovely natural scent to boot. It would suit fans of the stronger, more pronounced smells. However, it's a rather boring looking bath bomb and one that wouldn't immediately catch your eye in the shop. Additionally, there were a lot of complaints about the number of 'duds' that people received when it was last released which I hope Lush have rectified this time around. 

It wasn't a terrible bomb but at the same time it wasn't the most interesting of ones either. It is not one I would purchase again as a. there are far more interesting ballistics to choose from, and b. it's not one I would be in the mood for all of the time. 

Quantitative Ingredients: Sodium Bicarbonate, Citric Acid, Perfume, Bergamot Oil (Citrus bergamia), Vetivert Oil (Vetiveria zizanoides), Sandalwood Oil (Santalum album), Titanium Dioxide, Cocamide DEA, Propylene Glycol. May contain Gardenia Extract (Gardenia jasminoides), FD&C Red No. 4, FD&C Blue No. 1.

Vegan?: Yes.

2016 Price: £3.95 each.
2017 Price: £3.95 each.





No comments

Post a Comment


UP