Recently

13 August 2014

The Olive Branch Liquid Perfume


Thank goodness for eBay, as there are so many Lush products I would never have discovered or been able to buy some seven years after they were first released, if it wasn't for them. Case in point; The Olive Branch Perfume

In 2006, Lush were kind enough to hold a contest on their international forum, where they allowed fans to vote for which scents they would make into perfumes - The Olive Branch was one of it's winners. This perfume has since made a reappearance in a further three forum releases, the most recent being 2011, cementing it as a favourite amongst Lush fans worldwide.

The fragrance is a rather unique scent, and I'd be doing it a disservice to describe it as simply 'citrusy', something that a lot of people do and I don't really know why. There is so much going on with this perfume; it's a product you really have to try for yourself to understand the full extent of it's beauty. Made from a combination of bergamot, mandarin, lemon and orange, this is an uplifting Mediterranean-inspired smell unlike anything you've smelt before.

This perfume smells identical to that of the shower gel with the same name, and gives off a warmth that is both spicy and savoury smelling at the same time. This could be described as a unisex scent as, despite the addition of various citrus oils, it isn't overly feminine at all. In fact, it's main note reminds me of the peppery smell that olive oil gives off in the bottle- intertwined with the bergamot and various citrus oils, this savoury element is transformed into a sexy, seductive aroma.

What is great about this perfume is that it stays with you for the entirety of the day - I could even smell remnants of it on my skin a full 24 hours after I'd applied it. To me, it's longevity is one of the longest standing I have ever come across, which makes it incredible value for money. I only have to spray it once and rub it into my wrists and neck, and it'll release more staying-power than some perfumes I have to spray a good 4/5 times to get the same result.

This is a great summer perfume as it's such a light but comforting-smelling perfume. It really compliments the warmer weather and I can guarantee that you'll get a lot of compliments when you're wearing this. I only hope that Lush don't bring this back as I won't be able to stop myself buying a good 5-6 bottles to stock up on and make this my signature scent.

Quantitative Ingredients: DRF Alcohol, Perfume, Bergamot Oil (Citrus Bergamia), Lemon Oil (Citrus Limonum), Orange Flower Absolute (Citrus Aurantium Amara), Mandarin Oil (Citrus Reticulate), Benzyl Benzoate, Limonene, Citral, Coumarin, Gerniol, Linalool, Hydroxycitronellal.

Vegan?: Yes.

Scent Family:
The Christmas Penguin bubble Bar
Happy Pill Ballistic 
The Olive Branch Body Lotion
The Olive Branch Body Spray
The Olive Branch Liquid Perfume
The Olive Branch Naked Shower Gel
The Olive Branch Shower Gel
Pop In The Bath Bubble Bar
Wash You Were Here Wash Card

1 comment

  1. My favorite Lush scent of all time. I was lucky enough to get a bottle of this but I'm kicking myself that I didn't order more. It went very quickly since my husband was using it too!

    ReplyDelete


UP