Recently

29 December 2015

Dynamic Liquid Eyeliner


I realise that after many years of bad sleeping patterns, long and challenging working conditions - not to mention the process of ageing, I'm not looking as spritely as I once did. For this reason, I've been branching out from my usual black eyeliner and mascara look and experimenting with make-up that I hope will improve my complexion a little.

Dynamic Liquid Eyeliner is the first non-black product that I decided to invest in, just because it's a rather warming shade, and one that I thought would compliment my complexion better than the more vibrant colours. Described by Lush as a 'sheer warm peach', this eyeliner is subtle enough that it doesn't dominate your entire face, but that doesn't mean it gets diluted in the background either. 

Unlike Independent, this is a blend-able eyeliner, meaning that it takes longer to set on your face. While this gives you an opportunity to craft and blend it into the shapes you want, it also means that it's easy to smudge for the first 20-25 minutes after application. Be careful not to do what I did and smear it down both cheeks before I'd even finished contouring my face!

After this time it does sit well on your skin but I still found that a lot came away when I rested a finger on my eyelid, so it's not as reliable as Lush's no-smudge variations. Furthermore, the eyeliner seems to be a little on the thin side, which means you have to go over it a few times if you want a strong layer of colour on your eyelids.  

What sets Dynamic apart from other eyeliners, as with many of Lush's other make-up products, is that it can be used as a blusher, an eyeshadow and even a highlighter - not to mention it's main intended use. Priced at £14.50 for a 5g bottle, it does sound a little expensive at first, but it is its versatility that makes it worth it's price tag. 
Unfortunately, I found that this doesn't bode so well as a highlighter. When you apply it to your skin, you'll realise that there's a slight shimmer in the peach colour, which means that while it works as a gorgeous eyeliner and shadow, it's too sparkly as a highlighter. I discovered that it was just too 'glittery' to use on my skin - especially for someone who likes to look as natural as possible. 

Despite this, it works wonderfully well as both an eyeshadow and an eyeliner, and I can see why some people might enjoy adding a little to their cheeks to give them a rather unique looking blusher.    

As I said in my Independent review, at first I was a little worried by the design of the brush, as it's quite soft so does tend to move around a lot when you're applying it to your eyes. For someone like me who has only be using make-up for a few years, and is in no way an expert, I was initially worried that I'd end up painting my eyes, my face and probably my neck and arms as well. However, I was really happy to discover that the product was very easy to apply correctly. and even my flatmates were really impressed with how easy it was to use and apply. 

With rose petal infusion, jojoba oil and almond oil to soften and soothe the skin, this eyeliner is also extremely gentle on all skin types - making it perfect for those with sensitive skin and eyes. When Dynamic is being worn, it's very light and doesn't give you that heavy, cloying effect that a lot of shop-brought products offer. It's also really easy to remove - I use 9 to 5 to take off my make up at the end of the day and this eyeliner comes off with ease. 
The size of the bottle is compact enough that it's a perfect travel companion and happens to look rather gorgeous when lined up with Lush's other make-up products. I would even claim that it's size makes it a great product to slip in your bag so that you can top throughout the day, but there really is no need as it lasts the whole day by itself.

While it took a lot to get used to at first (as someone who has only worn black these past ten years), it is a wonderful eyeliner and one that I'll use often to change up my look. I'm looking forward to delving in trying other colours now and hope I can improve my blending skills while doing so. 

Quantitative Ingredients: Rose Petal Infusion, Water (Aqua), Glycerine, Stearic Acid, Almond Oil, Organic Jojoba Oil, Cupuacu Butter, Triethanolamine, Cetearyl Alcohol, Titanium Dioxide, CI177019, CI15850, Methylparaben, Propylparaben.

Vegan?: Yes.

2015 Price: £14.50 for 5g.

2 comments

  1. Ive been a Lushie for over 15 yrs but have never tried the make up! Ive always used cruelty free brands but never thought the Lush make up would suit as ive always thought the colours a little scary but this looks perfect for me and after reading your review I added this eyeliner to my order! I cant wait to try! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never used lush makeup before because it's quite expensive and i didnt know how good it would be but this eyeliner is a beautiful colour and i want one now!
    Emily
    www.floraalemily.co.uk

    ReplyDelete


UP