Recently

24 March 2016

Bewitched Massage Bar


When I first began collecting Lush products, I remember browsing the website and looking at all of the different massage bars available at the time. Unfortunately, despite their amazing properties, most of them aren't very interesting to look at, and I remember thinking that a good handful of them looked identical. Bewitched and Hottie were two such bars that looked less than appealing; like a bar of chocolate that had gone horribly wrong and come out in boils. Yuck!

However, once I had tried out my first few bars, I realised that what they looked like really didn't matter at all (isn't that a lesson I've already learnt?) and that Lush nearly always create something a certain way so that it can do a great job.

Bewitched is a bar that stands out from most of the other massage bars available online. When you think of massage bars, your mind conjures up images of a relaxing experience, one that will perhaps lead up to you going to sleep or heading in that direction at the very least... Bewitched is different as this bar has been designed to be uplifting and actually help you stay awake. When I began suffering from a rather severe bout of insomnia earlier this year, I was relying on Bewitched to help me through those tough mornings.

Much like all of Lush's other massage bars, this one has a ton of wonderful ingredients to give your skin a feast; cocoa butter, shea butter and coconut oil are all present to help moisturise and remove dry, scaly skin; lime oil has been added to give the bar it's overall zesty scent whilst containing key properties to clean your skin. Lush have then chosen a mixture of chamomile, violet and jojoba to add a floral undertone to the scent that will linger on the body long after your massage, ensuring the persistence of memory.

To me, this massage bar smells mostly of lime, although there is a gentle floral element that lingers at the back. The smell is rather subtle in both bar form and on your skin, so you don't have to worry too much about it's scent overpowering your perfume. 

Much like Hottie Massage BarBewitched is made in the same way, carved to have a flattened base with lots of bobbles on top. It wasn't until I began using it that I realised this design was perfect to massage the oils into your skin, helping to loosen tense muscles and banish aches and pains. It’s made with plenty of coconut oil, which gives it a smooth and luxurious texture as it melts on the skin. 

The consistency of this massage bar is spot on; it was fairly easy to melt without it releasing too much oil at once. It glided over my body wonderfully and then dissolved into my skin fairly quickly, not leaving any greasy marks behind. What is also great, is that this bar is one of the longer lasting ones; I got a good sixteen uses out of it, whereas some bars I only get 3-4. Bare in mind though that I use these bars as alternatives to body lotions, so I'm not using them for a prolonged amount of time. You may find that, when used as a massage bar, it actually only has a couple of uses out of it.  

Finally, it holds it's shape really well so you won't have it crumbling or turning into a gloopy mess.

Overall, I really liked Bewitched and I would like to see it back in store so I can purchase a few more. It would be interesting to test this massage bar out with Lush's new and improved aerated consistency, and see whether it holds up as well.  

Quantitative Ingredients: Cocoa Butter, Shea Butter, Lime Oil, Organic Jojoba Oil, Extra Virgin Coconut Oil, Chamomile Blue Oil, Violet Leaf Absolute, *Citral, *Geraniol, *Limonene, Perfume.

Vegan?: Yes



1 comment

  1. I have a new bath cocktail I hope you will like!
    Can I Have S'more Lush?:
    1 Butterball bathbomb
    1 Cinders bathbomb
    1/2 Ma Bar bubblebar
    1 Mmmelting Marshmallow Moment
    This bath is a delicous experience that I hope you enjoy!
    Love, Ashten (but mostly) Abby Asimos

    ReplyDelete


UP