Recently

9 March 2016

Celebrate Lip Tint


As I've said time and time again, I am not one to wear a lot of make-up. I throw on a bit of eyeshadow, mascara and concealer before I leave the house in the mornings, but my 'routine' doesn't stretch much further than that. So when it comes to Lush's lip tints, I buy them more out of curiosity than necessity. 

When I first found out about Celebrate Lip Tint, I was probably the most excited I have ever been about a lip tint. Sharing it's scent with the wonderful Celebrate Body Lotion and Golden Wonder Ballistic, Lush describe the product's scent as a 'fizzing champagne'. With the aforementioned lotion and bath bomb both making my top 20 list, I was expecting great things from this. 

Firstly, all of Lush lip tints also double up as lip balms - a great selling point for those looking to save money and carry less around with them throughout the day. With an impressive array of oils present in the ingredients list; lemon, grapefruit, almond, jojoba, camellia and cognac, this balm should be a highly moisturising feast for the lips. 
Unfortunately, I found this to be one of the 'driest' lip balms I have tried from Lush. Whereas Let Them Eat Cake, None Of Your Beeswax and Eggsnogg are easy to apply and leave your lips feeling silky soft and nourished, Celebrate left mine feeling slightly waxy and unpleasant. Furthermore, after using it in succession for a few days, I didn't really notice an improvement in the condition of my lips which I was expecting to see. 

Although Celebrate didn't work for me as a lip balm, I was looking forward to enjoying it's scent - even if I simply carried the tub around for me to sniff on occasion. The large collection of oils present, should have helped to create the fizzy, zesty and very uplifting fragrance that fans of Celebrate Body Lotion would be expecting. 

Unfortunately, I find the scent of this to be rather strange, and although it has similar notes to the aroma it's supposed to be mimicking, there's something rather synthetic and nasty about it. As soon as I remove the lid, I get a rather strong whiff of something that reminds me a little of paint stripper. Although it's not as pungent as this, there is definitely something metallically about the fragrance, and it's really not appealing.

Alongside this smell, I could also detect the inclusion of the icing sugar - which combines nicely with the grapefruit and gives an almost sour citrus layer that has elements reminiscent of the body lotion. However, the overall smell of this lip tint is far from the delicious, fruity lotion or the fizzy ballistic. 
Finally, and probably the main use for Celebrate is the glossy pink colour that it paints your lips upon application. Despite it's deep salmon colour in the tub, the tint coats your lips with a pretty light shade that stays on for a few hours and compliments your complexion, even if like me, you have very pale skin. The product also has a slight glimmer to it so it makes a nice accompaniment on a night out. 

After using this lip tint across a weekend, reapplying some 4-5 times a day, I barely scraped the surface, and I can see a tub of this size lasting for a couple of years, even if you're using it as heavily as I did. Although this makes the product great value for money, I found it frustrating that I had to reapply it so often throughout the day, and more importantly, I didn't enjoy how dry it made my lips feel. I suppose I could have quite easily applied a gloss or a lip balm over the top of this, to give my lips the moisture they needed. However, this would have probably smudged most of the tint and Celebrate was supposed to be a lip balm anyway! 

For all of the above reasons, I wouldn't chose to use this again. I like the idea of the popping candy decorating the surface as a little playful addition to the product. However, that alone is not enough reason to make this a regular part of my routine. I have awarded this a rating of three as, although I didn't have much luck with the product, I can see fans of make up will probably have a lot of other uses they can get out of this. I for one, would definitely be interested in hearing about other Lush fans' experiences. 

Quantitative Ingredients: Almond Oil, Japan Wax, Icing Sugar, Organic Jojoba Oil, Popping Candy, Camellia Oil, Flavour, Talc, Cocoa Butter, Lemon Oil, Grapefruit Oil, Cognac Oil, Golden Lustre, Titanium Dioxide, Limonene, Linalool,  Citral, Colour 73360, Colour 77019.

Vegan?: Yes.

Scent Family:
Bridal Bouquet Ballistic 
Bubbly Shower Gel
Buck's Fizz Body Conditioner
Buck's Fizz Naked Body Conditioner

No comments

Post a Comment


UP