Recently

19 November 2018

Ro’s Argan Sparkly Naked Body Conditioner



I've just reviewed Honey I Washed The Kids Bath Bomb, and in the review I stated that it was one of the most used scents that Lush have ever done. And now I move on to this: a limited edition with perhaps an even bigger family of products behind it. It is of course the Rose Jam scent.

Before the Lush kitchen dispersed, they released lots of naked products over the space of a couple of weeks, and one of those products was Ro’s Argan Naked Body Conditioner. I remember using this product during that time and really disliking it, for the mere fact that the colour faded very quickly when in storage for only a couple of weeks, and the wonderful aroma that I loved just ‘wasn't there.’

When I saw that Lush where re-releasing the body conditioner but calling it by the name of Ro’s Argan Sparkly Body Conditioner, I cannot say that I was particularly enamoured by the idea. That's not to say that I didn't approach using the product with an open mind, but I was expecting it to be more or less the same as the original idea.

I should say right now that if you dislike any form of glitter, I would run a mile rather than buying this limited edition. This is for those that like to sparkle. Even though the Twilight phase died out many years ago, there are still those of us that enjoy looking a little bit like Edward Cullen when he steps into the sunlight. If this idea has you running for the shade, you are not going to like this body conditioning.

First and foremost, this limited addition naked product is supposed to work in the same way that the liquid counterpart does. After finishing up in the shower, the idea is that you lather this gently across your skin – preferably away from the running water – before you exit the shower and pat yourself dry. Working as a deep moisturiser, this body conditioner helps to moisturise, soften and replenish the skin with much-needed oils and butters.

Ro’s Argan Sparkly Body Conditioner works well at releasing its butters and so you don't have to push particularly hard, or run this too much around your body, for the product to do its job. I found that if I smeared a single line down each arm, I was able to massage this across my whole arm with what was left on my skin. Therefore after using it a good six times, I've barely notice it shrinking at all. Great value for money.

However, if you dislike lustre, you will still want to avoid this. I'm saying this because once the product has been moisturised across your skin, you noticed that you have a gentle layer of glitter that paints your body. It's not enough that you’ll look like a disco ball, or so much that you’ll receive comments about how you got into a fight with a unicorn. Yet, there is definitely evidence to suggest that you've used this conditioner after you massaged the product across your body.

For this very reason, this is a great product if you want to add a little bit of sparkle before a night out. If you're somebody that loves glitter, you'll probably get through multiple ‘pots’ of this body conditioner before the year is out. As I'm not somebody who is particularly keen on using that much glitter on myself, neither somebody who has that much of a social life, this single naked body conditioner will probably last me until next Christmas.

In regards to the sent offer here, it is very clear that it shares it scent with the Rose Jam family. Having said that, there is a difference that may sway some people into trying it and disappoint some people who are Rose Jam fanatics. To my nose, there is far more cocoa butter featured than the aroma would normally offer. So you will get the regular dose of musky, sweet rose, with a warming thread of lemon underneath. However, the cocoa butter makes the smell of this product a little more warming and comforting, and perhaps even dampens the rose just slightly. Personally, I enjoyed this rendition of the smell, and I'm sure many rose jam fans will enjoy the change up just slightly.

While the product works well when being massaged across the skin, what I did find was that this body conditioner was not as moisturising as some of the previous variations that I have tried. I found, strangely enough, that although the product tended to stay on the skin for a little longer than I was hoping for, and left me feeling a little sticky for a good 20 minutes afterwards, that once the butters and oils had fully absorbed into the skin, it didn't take long for the effects to wear off. For this reason, I wouldn't necessarily use this as a body conditioning by self, more as a way to cover yourself in glitter before a night out and just happen to get a nice moisturising session out of it at the same time.

Where the appeal in this lies, is in those who just want Rose Jam scented products, and those that want to douse themselves in glitter. While I am no way slating this product at all, I just cannot fathom using it as a regular item in my routine.

Overall, this is an interesting and definitely very different product in the new seasonal range, but is not one that I can imagine coming back too often in the future.Had lush released a Rose Argan Body Conditioner without the glitter, and perhaps made the scent a little stronger, I think this would've been far more popular than it probably is. An interesting experience for me but not one I want to repeat too often.

Quantitative Ingredients: Fair Trade Organic Cocoa Butter, Cupuacu Butter, Cypress Leaf Infusion, Vanilla Pod Infusion, Fair Trade Shea Butter, Carnauba Wax, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Argan Oil, Sunflower Wax, Goji Berr Juice, Rose Absolute, Rose Oil, Geranium Oil, Lemon Oil, Titanium Dioxide, Citronellol, Coumarin, Geraniol, *Limonene, Perfume, Colour 77491.

Vegan?: Yes. 

2018 Price: £11.95 each.

Year Of Original Release: 2018.

Scent Family: 
Argan Naked Facial Oil
Black Rose Bath Bomb
Giant Rose Bombshell Bath Bomb
Jason And The Argan Oil Solid Shampoo Bar
Madame Butterfly Reusable Bubble Bar
Pearl Massage Bar
Ro's Argan Body Conditioner
Ro's Argan Gourmet Soap
Ro's Argan Sparkly Naked Body Conditioner
Rose Bombshell Bath Bomb
Rose Jam Bubbleroon 
Rose Jam Liquid Perfume
Rose Jam Naked Shower Gel
Rose Jam Solid Perfume
Rose Jam Shower Gel
Scentenary Soap
The Sparkler Ballistic


No comments

Post a Comment


UP