Recently

4 July 2018

Candy Bubble Brush Reusable Bubble Bar



Yawn, yawn, Snow Fairy, yawn. I hate to admit this, especially with the scent family being one of the most popular ones that Lush have ever created, but I'm pretty sick and tired of any product that offers me this smell. The company have so many amazing fragrances to work with and this one just pales in comparison - in my opinion. Having said that, I needed to make this review helpful to others, and at least try not list off my dislikes so here goes...

Candy Bubble Brush is one of three brand new reusable bubble bars that were released from the #lushlabs department last week. While they initially just look and sound like any other of Lush's many reusable wands, albeit a different shape, there is a slight difference that needs to be mentioned in this review.

Whether intentional or not, one of the first things I noticed about many of the bubble bars that have come from the #lushlabs release this month, is that the amount of colouring that the bubble bars offer are very intense - much more so than previous variations. It only took a couple of seconds for a vivid shade of pink to bleed into the water and this intensified quite a bit by the time I had finished running my bath.

The downside to this is that Candy Brush is a nightmare when being stored in between uses. Until the bubble bar is completely dry, it will leave pink trails all over your hands and bathroom, and it does take a little scrubbing to remove, especially around your finger nails. For this reason, be careful that you don't drip it anywhere, and I would suggest that you lay it on a wet wipe until it is completely dry as it will mark your bath otherwise. 

Having said that, this reusable bubble bar was super effective at making bubbles. While you need to stimulate them with your hands rather than being naturally made under the running tap, the bubbles you do create are super fragrant and beautifully soft. Alongside the silky soft water, this bubble bar makes for a really impressive bath. 

As I mentioned above, Candy Brush shares its scent with the Snow Fairy family, so you can expect a light, sweet and slightly musky candy smell. The scent is a sugary-sweet candy floss scented bubble bar, with hints of bubblegum and pear drops thrown in there for good measure. Unfortunately, it is one of Lush's most synthetic-smelling products, so don't expect anything interesting on that front.

Despite this, I found this product to be much stronger in scent than the likes of the Magic Wand Reusable Bubble Bar that comes out every Christmas, and I'd say it did a good job at mimicking the liquid perfume rather well. Given its format, it's naturally much lighter in scent than the body conditioner or shower gel but the Snow Fairy fragrance is definitely in full play here.

Although I was never going to be bowled over by this product, I was rather pleased to see how well it worked, and given another scent family I probably would have found it even more appealing. It creates a wonderfully vivd bath, with lots of soft, beautiful bubbles, and the scent remains present throughout the experience. Furthermore, I could smell slight remnants of the scent on my skin afterwards, and coupled with the body spray would make Snow Fairy fans very satisfied.

Quantitative Ingredients: Sodium Carbonate, Cream of Tartar, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Glycerine, Lauryl Betaine, Perfume, Synthetic Musk, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Colour 45410.

Vegan?: Yes.

2018 Price: £5.95 each.

Year Of Original Release: 2018.



No comments

Post a Comment


UP