Recently

1 July 2018

I'm Forever Blowing Bubbles Reusable Bubble Bar




It appears as if Lush go through phases when it comes to the different products that they bring out every month. Some times they offer a splurge of shower gels, naked products or soaps, and this month it seems as if they're all about the reusable bubble bars. There have even been a number of the spinners featured throughout the year in some of their seasonal ranges.

I'm Forever Blowing Bubbles Reusable Bubble Bar was definitely the one that first caught my eye when I saw the array of new reusables coming out as part of the #Lushlabs monthly offering last week. Not only was it bright green to the point of being fluorescent in my eyes, but it also supposedly doubled up as a way to blow bubbles as well. Who was I to argue with such a genius idea.

Containing lemon, lime and grapefruit oils, I was expecting this to smell identical to many of the bath products that Lush churn out on a regular with these three ingredients. However, I was surprised to find that these three have been combined differently so that the scent it gives off mildly varies from the other humdrum of citrusy scents. 

To my nose I could detect the lemon and lime very strongly. Both components offered something slightly sharp and zesty, with a citrusy kick. When it wasn't being used, I'm Forever Blowing Bubbles also gave off a slight dryness in its fragrance, which almost gave it a bitter element.

While both ingredients were almost equally matched, I felt as it the lime came through very slightly more, and I think the grapefruit oil helped to give this note a little extra bit of zing. Overall, it was definitely a very natural smelling bubble bar: like the lemon and lime Starburst sweet but without the synthetic nature of the candy.

To use this bubble bar, as with any of Lush's reusable wands, you simply hold it under the running water and it will begin to create fragrant bubbles to decorate your bath with. Like most of Lush's reusable bars, this one immediately began to bleed a bright colour into the tub and it didn't take long for the water to turn a vivd shade of green. As expected, I found that IFBB produced a good amount of light, fluffy bubbles, but not to the same extent as a regular bubble bar normally does.

Unfortunately, I found that the scent dissipated a little in the water so I wasn't able to make out the strong scent as much as I was when the bubble bar was dry. Furthermore, the delicate fruity notes tended to get lost even more when I began to use other products alongside it. Having said this, I found it strange that I could still detect delicate notes of lemon and lime on my hands and hair after towelling myself down. 

Although I'm Forever Blowing Bubbles wasn't as moisturising as some of Lush's more recent reusable bubble bars (Fun For All The Family springs to mind), it did leave my skin feeling really radiant, slightly shiny and very smooth. A little splash of Calacas Liquid Perfume after this bath would have been a royal treat.

While this is not something I would run out and purchase again any time soon, it is a great novelty item and would appeal to both children and children disguised as adults. It would easily last a good four baths before you may have to crumble the rest under the tap, and I will definitely be using this to cocktail with the likes of Turtle Jelly Bomb and Avobath Bath Bomb.

Quantitative Ingredients:Sodium Carbonate, Cream of Tartar, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Glycerine, *Limonene, Sicilian Lemon Oil, Lauryl Betaine, Lime Oil, Perfume, Grapefruit Oil, *Citral, Colour 59040, Colour 42090:2.

Vegan?: Yes.

2018 Price: £6.95 each.

Year Of Original Release: 2018.


No comments

Post a Comment


UP