Recently

6 July 2018

Mint Bubble Brush Reusable Bubble Bar




Out of the three new limited edition bubble brushes, Mint was easily the one that excited me the least. While I looked forward to seeing how vivid the shade of blue was in my bath tub, and it certainly matches the hot weather we've been having recently, I have never been a big fan of mint scents overall, especially ones that are quite basic as this bubble bar was.

Containing bergamot, orange and peppermint oils, Mint Bubble Brush offers a cooling, refreshing kick to add to your bathtime. Not as potent as the likes of Intergalatic Bath Bomb, this limited edition bubble bar shares it scent with the late Ice Blue Soap and Freeze Shower Gel - something that fans of the latter discontinued Lush Kitchen exclusive will probably be glad to learn.

As its name suggests, it is the peppermint that makes the strongest impression on the senses here, but it is not in any way what I'd describe as being particularly overwhelming. The fragrance you get it one that is very crisp and cooling - exactly as you'd expect peppermint to be. However, alongside this are a few other more subtle notes that change the overall smell a little bit.

The inclusion of the bergamot gives Mint Bubble Brush a gentle herbal, almost green-like element to it. Coupled with the orange oil, which elevates the scent a little and adds a very timid citrus kick to it, the smell of this reusable bubble bar is definitely not as simplistic as I previously expected it to be.    

Much like all of the products with this scent family, the inclusion of these particular oils make this bubble bar rather good at helping to soothe your skin and muscles after a hard day's graft in the heat. The peppermint oil stimulates the nerve endings in your body, which then helps your skin feel far more refreshed, and although you cannot really feel this happening in the water, I did feel a little less overheated after towelling myself down.

When compared to Freeze Shower Gel, this bubble bar is definitely far weaker in scent, and definitely creates less of a reaction when cooling the body down. Therefore, if you're thinking this could replicate the discontinued Eskimo Bubble Bar, you'll be left sorely disappointed.

As with all of the new bubble brushes, this one is designed to be held under the water to stimulate the bubbles and turn the water a vivid shade of blue. After a good thirty seconds, you can then opt to switch the brush throughout the water - which not only intensifies the colour of the water, but also allows more of the product to bleed into the water so that you can create more bubbles.

Once you have finished, you'll need to swish your hands around the tub to stimulate a mound of light, fragrant bubbles. These don't tend to stay around for much of the bath to be fair, but do give you a warming blanket to cocoon yourself beneath for a short while. Given that it's called a bubble brush, you can then run Mint across the bubbles to draw patterns and write words with the colour. This is the reason why all three of the limited edition bubble brush bars are so much more vibrant with the colours they offer in the water.

Much like Lemon Bubble Brush, I found that this one wasn't particular moisturising in the bath tub and I found myself having to use a body lotion direction afterwards to keep my skin looking radiant and feeling plump. This is definitely not something I would use again by itself, only because I didn't really feel the benefits of this bubble bar on my skin. I would much rather use a regular bubble bar or bath bomb to nourish my skin.

Surprisingly, I found that the scent of this bubble brush stayed for the most part throughout my experience, although it did seem to fade after a while, and certainly didn't linger around on my skin afterwards. Furthermore, it also made a little mess on the side of the bath tub, and I would highly suggest that you dry it carefully and properly in between uses to ensure little mess is created.  

Having said that, I will definitely be trying out colour combinations with all three of the limited edition bubble brushes in the future, and I will also be using them as part of more elaborate cocktails so I can enjoy their vivid colours whilst still getting a highly moisturising soak. This is a nice idea from Lush: I just hope they create something a little more moisturising and with a stronger scent. Not hard to please much, am I?   

Quantitative Ingredients: Sodium Carbonate, Cream of Tartar, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Glycerine, Lauryl Betaine, Perfume, Bergamot Oil, Sweet Wild Orange Oil, Peppermint Oil, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Hydroxycitronellal, *Limonene, *Linalool, Colour 42090:2, Colour 42090.

Vegan?: Yes.

2018 Price: £5.95 each.

Year Of Original Release: 2018.

Freeze Shower Gel
Ice Blue Shampoo
Ice Blue Soap

Mint Bubble Brush Reusable Bubble Bar



No comments

Post a Comment


UP