Recently

8 July 2018

Sugar Plum Fairy Naked Lip Tint



As someone who doesn’t wear a lot of make up, and certainly doesn’t know how to apply it at a professional level, Lush’s make up range has never been something I’ve been overly bothered to explore. However, after the company brought out their Bamboozled Lip Stain a few years ago, which completely bowled me over, I have been a little more open to trying some of their newer creations - especially those geared towards the lips.

Sugar Plum Fairy Naked Lip Tint is exactly what it says on the (non-existent) tin. In a bid to eradicate a lot of unnecessary packaging, Lush have started to move away from using tubs and bottles, and have instead opted to release a vast number of products completely naked for this year’s Christmas release.

New to this year, this naked lip tint is simply stunning to look at, and it feels almost criminal using this and watching the design disappear slowly over time. While this particular lip tint was available to buy last year, Lush only released it in their usual tubed version, so I was interested to see this differed, and whether or not naked really is better.

To use this, Lush recommend that you either apply this directly to your lips and then use the movement of your mouth to apply across your whole lips, as you would a lipstick - or you can opt to use a make up brush if you’re worried about more even coverage. I found that applying it directly was far easier and less fiddly then trying to find a brush around my house, and while it took a few seconds to get used to the shape of this, I found it really easy to apply - without accidentally drawing on my face or applying too much.

What I found most interesting about this berry-coloured tint is that Lush claim that it will give you a rich, purple finish, whereas I thought the colour that appeared and stayed on my lips could be described as more of a raspberry-pink shade. The colour you get is perhaps slightly lighter than the colour of the product itself, but it’s close enough that you don’t have to worry about ending up sporting a different colour.

Made using a base of Kalahari melon oil and jojoba oil, this lip tint is super moisturising - perhaps even more so than my beloved Bamboozled. After using Sugar Plum Fairy Naked Lip Scrub beforehand, my lips felt plump and well-moisturised after applying this, and I couldn’t help but marvel at how wonderfully smooth and supple my lips continued to be throughout the day. I didn’t need to apply any lip balm at all, which was a good thing as the product wouldn’t have stayed on as long as it did, if I’d done so.

What I found was that Sugar Plum Fairy stayed on for a good 3-4 hours before I needed to reapply, and this is more of a personal preference as there was still product left on my lips after this time. What I will say is that this product doesn’t set by itself, so you do need to be aware that if you use this by itself, it will come off when you eat or wipe a finger across your lips. For this reason, I did revert back to appreciating Bamboozled more as this one doesn’t do this.

While it’s not necessarily important for those serious about this Lip tints, but this one offers a beautiful, fruity blackcurrant scent to enjoy before and during application. Unfortunately, you won’t be able to smell this once it’s been applied, so in the great scheme of things, having this pleasant aroma is not particularly conducive to how the product works.

Overall, I found that the naked tint was equally as easy to apply as the tubed version and offered the same shade of colour, albeit perhaps very slightly lighter. However, this version was far more moisturising and had more of a sheen to it that made my lips appear a little plumper after application. As someone who doesn’t wear anything on my lips most of the time, this minuscule block would probably last me a few years. And even someone using this every day would probably find that they still have a good chunk left twelve months on, so there’s no doubt that this is good value for money.

While you’d need to take care of how you transport this around, as it can get a little dusty if exposed, and it will leave smudges against the surfaces it rubs shoulders with, Sugar Plum Naked Lip Tint is definitely in the right direction when it comes to the future of cosmetics.

Quantitative Ingredients: Kalahari Melon Oil (Citrullus lanatus), Organic Jojoba Oil (Simmondsia chinensis), Candelilla Wax (Euphorbia cerifera), Organic Castor Oil (Ricinus communis), Orange Peel Wax (Citrus Aurantium Dulcis), (Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Peel Wax), Sunflower Wax (Helianthus Annuus Seed Wax), Extra Virgin Coconut Oil (Cocos nucifera), Glycerine, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate Flavor (Fragrance), Rose Wax (Rosa damascena), Sweet Wild Orange Oil (Citrus sinensis), Titanium Dioxide, Cetearyl Alcohol, PVP (Polyvinylpyrrolidone), Tin Oxide (Tin oxide), *Citral, *Limonene, Manganese Violet Red 28 Lake.

Vegan?: Yes.

2017 Price: £6.95 each. 

Year Of Original Release: 2017.


No comments

Post a Comment


UP