Recently

7 July 2018

Pink Petitgrain Bubble Spinner




I purposely left this little beauty until last because I just knew it would be my favourite out of the recent batch of Lush Labs exclusives. Not only is the design so beautifully appealing (and this is from someone who isn't a particularly 'pink person') but the smell gripped me from the very moment it arrived in the post.

For those who are unaware of this fact, Pink Petitgrain Bubble Spinner shares its scent with Madame President: a bath bomb that first made an appearance back in March as part of the Mother's Day range. It is rare for Lush to bring out a brand new fragrance that blows me away, but this one grappled with my senses almost immediately and I was bowled over more than I have been in a fair while. 

With all of the hum drum of citrus scents that get released, this reusable bubble bar stands out as being something very different and unique. Much like the aforementioned bath bomb, if you think the inclusion of grapefruit oil makes this a fruity collaboration, you are sorely mistaken. Instead, Pink Petitgrain offers a strong yet equally light and refreshing aroma. 

As the name suggests, the petitgrain is the most potent component on offer here. This alluring ingredients produces both a bitter and slightly greenish smell. It's like smelling a tangerine when it's out of season: you can make out a light citrusy element but it is neither citrusy, zesty or fruity. Instead, I would describe the scent as being rather dry and a little woody instead.

Furthermore, the grapefruit sits quietly in the background - producing a light, spritzy sort of scent that is subtly citrusy while also being a little sour. However, it is in no way as fruity as the likes of Happy Hippy Shower Gel or Apandapand Soap. As I said in my review of Madame President, the strength of this fragrance reminds me a little of the cloudy, overbearing scent you get when spraying a particularly intoxicating aftershave - but in a good way.

As if this wasn't already impressive, the bubble bar works beautifully at spinning under the running water and sending out waves of bright pink colour to decorate your bath with. In fact, I was amazed with how quickly the bath water changed its transparency, although you do need to be careful not to let this splash up the sides of the bath as it can get a little messy.

After about 40 seconds, I was able to remove Pink Petitgrain and leave it on the side of the bath to dry off. As with any of Lush's reusable bubble bars, I recommend that you use a wet wipe to cushion the product while it is drying as it does have a tendency to leave a mess if it is still damp. Given that these latest inventions are far more compact with colour, they will bleed all over any surface they're left on, and cause quite mess in the process. Leaving them on a wet wipe for about thirty minutes will ensure that you're not left with any stains or mess to deal with. 

While I've only used this bubble bar once so far, I can easily see this lasting me another 3-4 baths, which makes it good value for money. You'll be pleased to know as well that the scent is very much prominent in the water throughout the whole experience, and it does linger on your skin for a short time afterwards. While not as strong as Madame President, it is definitely a treat for those who are fans of the fragrance.

While these reusable bubble bars are never as moisturising as a regular bubble bar, I did find that my skin did feel smooth and soft after I had exited the bath. However, pairing this next time with a bath oil would definitely enhance the experience for me, and given that I have fairly dry skin I did need to use a body lotion to ensure my body was fully nourished.

Overall, I really enjoyed using this bubble bar and it has done nothing but excite me at possible future releases for products in this scent. A perfume with this fragrance would be exquisite, and definitely something incredibly unique and long lasting. I only hope that this isn't the last we see of this petitgrain-dominated aroma.

Quantitative Ingredients: Sodium Carbonate,Cream of Tartar, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Glycerine, Lauryl Betaine, Petitgrain Oil, Grapefruit Oil, *Limonene, *Citral, *Geraniol, *Linalool, Perfume, Colour 45410, Colour 73360.

Vegan?: Yes.

2018 Price: £5.95 each.

Year Of Original Release: 2018.

Scent Family:
Madame President Bath Bomb


Pink Petitgrain Reusable Bubble Spinner



No comments

Post a Comment


UP