Recently

28 September 2018

Amazon Primer



When you haven't had something, you cant miss it, and this is what I told myself when I missed out on buying the exclusive naked facial oils that Lush brought out earlier this year. While I did manage to grab Sky 79, I tried not let my disappointment of missing out on the others take away from the privileges I was experiencing through travelling. You can imagine my elation then when I saw the little cuties being displayed, and on sale, at the Showcase event earlier this month. 

While I am not one to wear make-up, Lush have always been known for the versatility of their products. So I was not put off at all by the fact that Amazon Primer was initially created for those who enjoyed the indulgence of wearing make-up. If anything, the fact that I didn't even wear concealer most of the time meant that I would be able to test out the other uses that this limited edition had to offer.

While the name of this primer is taken from the cupuacu and the murumuru butters being sourced from the Amazon jungle, there is a part of me that links Mark Constantine's feud with the billion pound company of the same name. Somehow I don't think the name of this is just a coincidence.

Having said that, these two ingredients do an amazing job of moisturising and conditioning the skin at the same time. After applying this two to three times throughout the day, I could visibly see how hydrated my complexion was beginning to look, and my skin only took a couple of days before there was an element of vibrancy about my complexion that I hadn't seen in a long time.

Alongside these two ingredients is a dosage of arrowroot powder. This not only prevents the product from being too greasy on the skin, but also allows Amazon Primer to offer a more matte during use. After massaging this across my face, it didn't take more than about twenty seconds for it to be absorbed into my skin - which is perfect for those who then wish to apply concealer and foundation without having it run or not set properly. For me, it was a great way to give my face a little more radiance, without putting too many oils and butters into my pores. The lemon oils helped my skin to appear brighter without looking at all shiny, and worked well to cleanse my pores at the same time.

To apply, you can either melt a little between your fingers and then smooth these across you face, or you can apply the little oval block directly onto your skin. I found that the latter way was much more effective because massaging it between your fingers means that you lose some of the product due to it being absorbed into your hand first. And while the shape isn't the most cleverly designed tool for application to reach in the hardest of places, it's not exactly rocket science to use the primer well.

While this wouldn't apply to me due to the nature of my complexion, Amazon Primer features a green pigment that not only colours the product as we can see, but helps to neutralise flushed cheeks and reduce the appearance of redness, so those with irritated skin should find that this compliments there skin very well - with or without make-up being applied afterwards.

While my nose recognises this scent, my brain is yet to get its act together and figure out the familiar aroma that Amazon Primer offers. What I will say is that the orange and the rosewood are very competitive in this format. You can smell a strong, almost bitter orangey aroma, alongside of which the rosewood throws in a heavy amount of woodiness. This is not exactly the prettiest of smells, which is just as well because the fragrance doesn't last on the skin for long. Although there is also tonka absolute in this facial oil, very little of that made its way to my senses.

Overall, this is a great primer for those looking for a matte base, or hoping to smoothen their skin out before applying their make up. For those like myself who are interested in ways to moisturise our complexion, this is far less intense than some of the naked facial oils, and would definitely suit those with more oiler complexions. 

Although the size and the price tag may avert consumers away from the investment, this little oval would most likely last upwards of six months, with family usage. So little is used each time that I reckon I'll be using this for nearly a month before I notice any change in size. This is definitely a winner in my eyes. 

Quantitative Ingredients: Murumuru Butter (Astrocaryum Murumuru), Maranta Fecula (Maranta arundinacea), Lemongrass Infusion (Cymbopogon Citratus), Japanese Wax (Rhus Succedanea), Carnauba Wax (Copernica Cerifera), Cupuaçu Butter (Theobroma Grandiflorum), Tincture Brazil Crescione Alcohol (Spilanthes Oleracea), Rosewood Essential Oil (Aniba Rosaeodora), Andiroba Oil (Carapa Guaianensis), Tonka Absolute Essence (Dipteryx Odorata), Brazilian Orange Essential Oil (Citrus Sinensis), Aqua (Aqua) , Gardenia Extract (Gardenia Jasminoides) * Benzyl Benzoate, * Citral, * Coumarin, * Geraniol, * Limonene, * Linalool, Perfume, Chlorophyllin (CI 75810) * Naturally present in essential oils.

Vegan?: Yes.

2018 Price: £9.95 each.

Year Of Original Release: 2018.



No comments

Post a Comment


UP