Recently

30 September 2018

Floral Milk Giant Bombshell




We all remember that one person in school who would eat their dessert first and then chomp through their sandwiches like they were somehow normal in doing so. Perhaps you yourself was that special little soul - not even noticing the bewildered looks on the faces of your friends, as they tried to fathom the carnage that they were witnessing in front of their eyes. EVERYONE knows that you save the best to last, and you were bucking that trend without a care in the world.

Unlike that weird friend, I saved my dessert until the end, and the rewards I reaped were far greater than I could have ever imagined. While I've been on the fence about many aspects of the Giant Bombshells, Floral Milk Giant Bombshell threw all of these aside, and proved to me that Lush still have the capacity to surprise me when I least expect it. 

Sharing its scent with the Daddy-O range, this limited edition, beast-of-a-bath-bomb is packed full of violety goodness like no other bath bomb to come before it. If you want a scent that will blow you away in the water; engulf every one of your senses from start to finish; and linger on your skin and hair for hours afterwards, this is the one for you.

As with most of the other products in this scent family, Floral Milk contains both violet leaf and rose absolute, which both work together in perfect unison. First and foremost, the violet scent this bombshell offers is rich and super sweet but very in keeping with the natural scent of the flower. It's not the same as Tuca Tuca, which has more vanilla-led sultry notes alongside the violet. Instead, the violet here is far stronger, more uplifting and slightly powdery, which is why I associate the smell as an intensified version of the old fashioned Parma Violet sweets.

It is the rose absolute that I believe gives the violet that strength, as the muskiness and the haziness of the floral aroma is very in-keeping with what rose absolute would normally offer by itself. Alongside both of these components, there is also a gentle woodiness underneath, which I just think grounds the whole fragrance a little, and gives it an extra level of warmth to boot. This is definitely stronger than the aforementioned shampoo but the scent is definitely there.


The idea of a 'bombshell' is that it has been customised for you. When purchasing the from the Showcase event, I was asked to choose from a selection fresh of plants, flowers and herbs to go into the centre before the employee sealed the bomb with a piece of natural raffia. The price tag reflects not only the size of the bomb and the fresh Forna that has gone into finishing the product, but the unique experience you go through to create a one-of-a-kind bath bomb.

In my review of Pink Floral Giant Bombshell, I made it clear that the price tag was definitely over budget for most people, and I stand by that for this particular bombshell as well. However, I can see the appeal to a select few consumers who may wish to purchase something unique to them or their loved one, and I'm sure Lush will continue to reformulate their ideas to something a little more affordable in the future.   

In the water, this giant bombshell immediately begins to fizz across the surface - sending thick waves of pastel purples and pinks. Within seconds, the two halves break apart and an incredible show takes place: pinks and purples and blues bubble and fizz and swirl and pop across the water. It's rather intense to watch, and I found it difficult to know where to look because so much was going on at the same time. 

As the bombshell begins to dissolve away, the flowers that had filled the centre float gracefully across the surface, and the water settles as a stunning shade of pastel blue. If this wasn't enough to impress, the water also becomes extremely moisturising on the skin: you can literally feel the oils around your body, getting to work at nourishing and replenishing every pore across your skin. As you sweep your hands across the surface, the water looks and feels like milk - you even get trails of the coconut milk on your skin. It was simply beautiful.

Afterwards, the fragrance followed me around for hours and it made me feel simply beautiful in every way. Not only did it calm me down and give me a sense of clarity after a hectic day, but I felt in a daze - as if I wanted to experience it all over again.

While the price tag would put most people off, and I'm not going to lie: I would find it difficult to justify buying many of these, Floral Milk is definitely something that I would buy again, as a treat. As a gift for someone else, this one certainly offers something unique and amazing for the person in receipt of it. As I have said above: if Lush were to shrink this and remove the flower filling: just making it regular bath bomb, this would probably make it into my top five favourite bath bombs of all time.

Quantitative Ingredients: Sodium Bicarbonate, Citric Acid, Titanium Dioxide, Coconut Milk Powder, Violet Leaf Absolute, Rose Absolute, Water.

Vegan?: Yes.

2018 Price: £18.95 each.

Year Of Original Release: 2018.


Scent Family: 


No comments

Post a Comment


UP