Recently

2 September 2018

Sky 79 Naked Facial Oil




While I consider myself fairly knowledgable when it comes to music of most genres, I'll be honest and say that I had never heard of the band Sky until I decided to research why Lush had decided to name one of their facial oils Sky 79. Needless to say, I've been enjoying their upbeat melodies ever since, which makes the price of this facial oil so much better value for money. You cannot put a price on discovering awesome music.

Sky 79 is one of five facial oils that have been brought out in limited batches at both the Lush White City store, and the recently opened Naked Superstore in Milan. As a collector of all things Lush, I am a little disappointed that I have not been able to get my hands on the other four at this point in time, and I can only hope that make an appearance really soon so I can curb my itch.

Made from a base of illipe butter and murumuru butter, this limited edition already boasts some truly powerful ingredients to improve the condition of your skin. This combination works at creating a base that stays solid at room temperature, but which immediately begins to melt upon contact with the heat of your skin.

What I found interesting about this particular facial oil is that when you initially melt the block down to massage is across your face, the oils seem fairly light on your skin. However, once the oil has had a few seconds to settle and begin absorbing into your skin, there is a short period where the product feels a little heavier. Having said this, I don't wish to put people off by stating this latter fact and letting them think that Sky 79 is going to leave your skin feeling heavy. This feeling is very temporary, and it is because of the inclusion of both the Japan wax and the carnauba wax that the facial oil does this.

What is great about this little oval gem is that is contains a generous helping of chamomile, which is perfect for those with sensitive complexions. This essential oil ensures that redness and irritation will be reduced after using this regularly, and it won't inflict any further reactions because your skin will appear much calmer. 

Smell-wise, this little block of oils has a delicate smell made up of both floral and herbal elements. You can smell a gentle sweetness from the geranium and neroli, while the chamomile offers a calming herbal offering, and the guaiacwood brings a soothing layer of woodiness. Whether you like the sound o this fragrance or not, I can honestly say that there is nothing offensive or particularly strong about this facial oil at all. I cannot imagine anyone disliking this smell at all. 

After using Sky 79 for a number of days in a row, I began to notice a gentle radiance begin to form around my cheeks and across my forehead. As someone who genuinely suffers from dry skin, no matter how much liquid I ingest throughout the day, I can never get my face to look naturally supple and vibrant. Lotions tend to clog my pores up and make my face feel heavy after use, so I usually just have to accept that I'll rarely enjoy good-looking skin. However, after using this regularly, I could definitely see a difference in the appearance of my skin, and indeed my pores.

What was also impressive was that despite applying these powerful oils to my skin daily, and sometimes twice a day, my skin never looked or felt greasy, and never caused me to break out in spots. When compared to a £30 tub of 'miracle facial moisturiser' that I see lining the local pharmacies, this is definitely much better value for money.

Perhaps I should have pointed out at the beginning that while all of Lush's facial oils appear to be rather small, and extremely light, given their hefty price tag, unless you're biting off chunks and eating it while you're applying the oil, this little token will easily last you upwards of six months, with daily usage.

Ultimately, I am rather impressed with this little block of butters and oils: Lush have yet again proven that naked products can work (and replace) liquid alternatives, and I will continue to use this until I have the pleasure of being presented with some more to try out for myself.

Quantitative Ingredients: Organic Illipe Butter, Murumuru Butter, Meadowsweet Infusion, Fair Trade Shea Butter, Japan Wax, Organic Grapeseed Oil, Carnauba Wax, Safflower oil, Perfume, Organic Evening Primrose Oil, Chamomile Blue Oil, Guaiacwood oil, Geranium Oil, Neroli Oil, Citral, Citronellol, Farnesol, Geraniol, Limonene, Linalool, Colour 42090:2.

Vegan?: Yes.

2018 Price: £9.95 each.

Year Of Original Release: 2018.



No comments

Post a Comment


UP